He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Unworldy Friends of my World

When we walked into the building Michelle tackled me to the floor.

"Hey, Danielle!!" she exclaimed. I laughed and she got up. Landyn helped me up, a smirk plastered to his face.

"Hello, Michelle," he bid her politely with a nice smile. She grinned absurdly back.

"Oh thank God! I thought she would never get a boyfriend! You are an angel, boy, I tell you. I had given up hope, but you, sir, are a trooper!" She smiled at me as I glared at her.

"It s not too much trouble. She can be quite a delight when she is behaving like a young lady should."

"Oh, man! You know about her alcoholism??" she gaped. He stared quizzically at her.

"I am not an alcoholic, Michelle!" I groaned.

"Sure, sure." Her boyfriend came and she bid me farewell. Landyn had the smirk on his face even when we sat down in our first class.

"What is up with you?" I asked him, laughing at him.

"You have...such interesting friends."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you ever pay much attention to Michelle?"

"Yes, she's my bff. Why?"

"She's peculiar and I find it strange that you notice I'm not human, yet you're so oblivious to the fact that she isn't human either!"

"You mean she's not human? So I'm like the only human I know?!"

"Love, it's alright." The smile never faded from his lips. "It's just another vampire in your life."

"How did I not notice that? Does her boyfriend know?" The smile turned into a broad grin and I gaped. "Him, too?!"

"Yep. You just don't pay as much attention to them as you do to me, I suppose."

"Ugh."

When I saw her in the hall she grinned, and I noticed how bright her teeth were.

"You couldn't tell me?! Is that why you didn't want me to date Jacob?" She nodded and I sighed. "I am the only human in my clique. I feel so vulnerable."

"Oh, I'll protect you, don't worry," Landyn purred in my ear seductively.

"Ok then!" Michelle threw her arms in the air. "I don't need to hear about you getting laid by my best friend!" She walked off with a smirk and I glared at him.

"Good God! You can't keep your mind out of the gutter for a second, can you?" I asked him, storming off and into second period.

"I can't help myself, love. I've been a virgin for quite some time and that's not healthy for a man."

"Hmm, well you'll have to last quite some time more before you get any of this," I said, gesturing to my body with a laugh. That wasn't much of a prize.

"We'll see about that. I can be quite persuasive." I gulped. He was definitely right. "But you can't rape the willing, love."

"I'm not a whore."

"But you are in love, right?"

"Yes, but we haven't been 'together' for very long. Not even a year."

"Why waste time when it's inevitable?"

"We'll see about that," I told him as we entered the classroom.

"Yep. We both know who wears the pants in this relationship."

"Me!" I looked down. "Oh perfect day, Pretty Boy!" I was wearing a skirt. "Still!" I continued my angry march despite the laughter from behind me from my so-called angel.