He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

World War III

I sat by myself in Landyn's bed, pretending to be asleep just in case Landyn came back up. I may have gone a bit overboard and showing him who wore the pants in this thing. See, he was making me mad, so I had well I did what any girl would do: I kneed him. He didn't like it so much I guess.

Right now, he was downstairs. But now I felt really bad for hitting him...there. I mean, it felt good at the time, but guilt is a horrible thing.

"I should probably go see if he's okay..." I told myself, dragging myself from the safety of my bed. I could just hear the yelling coming.

I crept down the stairs, but couldn't find a trace of Landyn anywhere. I knew I was going to regret this...

"Landyn!!" I screamed and Landyn shot up, hands to his ears, from his hiding place.

"Shut up!" he demanded.

"Aw, poor baby have a hangover?" I mocked.

"No, but you're quite loud, love." My confused made him smirk.

"How do you not have a hangover?" His evil grin widened as did my eyes. "You!!"

"I love you!"

"You weren't drunk at all!!" I spazed.

"You wanted me to be?" His confusion looked genuine.

"No! But--but you said you were!"

"I should be the mad one! I was in freaking pain and you didn't even come down to apologize!" he pouted. I laughed.

"I was coming down to apologize...but now I don't want to! You deserved it!"

"I deserved that? How did I deserve that?"

"You knew I didn't want to do that, but you did it anyway!"

"No, I tried, but then you pulled that cheap shot on me!" he yelled.

"I'm leaving." I headed for the door but he was in front of it. "Wanna be kicked again?"

"Want your mom to die?" his smirk only grew as my face fell. I turned from him after glaring. "Aww, love, don't be mad. I'm not letting you leave." I didn't say anything and I felt arms around me. "Look I'm sorry about earlier and I'm sorry about what I just said. I really am. Please don't be mad" He sounded more than sincere but I had to stay mad.

"Why not? I want to be mad!"

"Now that's a downright lie." His voice was so confident, but that didn't surprise me in the least. I sighed.

"So?" I whispered. There was no use trying to lie to him when he knew just as much as I did when it came to me and my mind.

"I love you, ok? You know I do. I love you more than life...well maybe that's a bad example, but just listen to me."

"Fine. You have my attention."

"We both know it will happen some day, so why is it so bad? I'm not letting go of you and I won't do anything that risks me losing you. But I guess you don't love me as much as I love you..."

"But...Landyn...you know I do. It's just...Jacob. Don't tell him," I begged.

Landyn grimaced.

"He would find out anyway. He's actually quite smart about things, even though he's a mutt. It would hurt him if he had to find out himself."

"I know you're right but..."

"Love, do you want to try again? No more knees in bad places? It doesn't feel good contrary to what you may think."

"I...I love you."

"Ok."

I caved. He may have won this battle, but poor Jacob was losing the war.