He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

A Confrontation You Can't Deny

Before I knew it, we were back at the house. I opened my eyes warily and saw a completely pissed off Landyn. I guess I had some explaining to do...

"Listen, I can explain everything just let me--"

"Why should I give you a chance when you won't let me explain?!" he screamed, getting up in my face. I guess I'd have to face the rant.

"Ok, fine. Go." Yeah, I was pissed. I was beyond pissed, but I was tired of the yelling in my eardrums. It was like murder on the poor dears.

"What the hell was that shit with kissing Jacob?! Huh? Where do you get off? You have that little dream and then a stunt like this? What were you thinking?! Then leaving me alone and calling Jakey-boy to come save you from the monster! I did what I had to! She was a goner any other way and I had to decide then and there! But do you listen? Hell no! You don't care about my reasons at all! You want a perfect little world! Well let me tell you something, Princess, the world isn't like that!! God, you just don't freaking get it, do you? There is no way to make life as perfect as you want it to be, but you refuse to accept that!!" He finally inhaled out of frustration and I gulped.

Only one part had caught my attention in the whole ranting thing: my mother. My poor vampiric mother.

"You had no choice?" I asked, voice squeaking. Funny how my weak little girlishness is what made his eyes soften up a little.

"No. I didn't. She was going to die then if I hadn't done anything. She had a heart attack when I walked into the room. I don't know why, but she did. It was all I could do, I swear. I love you too much to risk anything with you."

"I'm sorry, Landyn. I just thought you did it so...I don't know. So you could threaten me with torment. I'm sorry."

"Never would I hurt you on purpose. The love of my...life--I guess is what this calls for--should never be put through such hurt."

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I love you too, Landyn."

"Now...why did you kiss Jacob? To make me jealous or what?"

"I don't know. I was going to pull away but...you were jealous, were you?" I asked, smiling slightly.

"Damn straight! I can't believe how jealous I was. I was jealous of Jacob--a dog! Don't you ever do that to me again. I don't want to be jealous of a werewolf!" He was smiling.

"Do you forgive me?" I asked, biting my lip as I heard a sigh.

"Yes, I do. But I wish your faith in me wasn't so easily broken. You forgive me?" Despite all the jokes he cracked about Jacob being a dog, Landyn had the biggest puppy-dog eyes just then.

"Yes."

"So we're making up right?" he asked coyly.

"Yes...why?" Yeah, I was suspicious.

"How about some hot make-up sex?" he asked not so slyly. I swear...

"No! You are gross! Get your head out of the freaking gutter for once, Landyn!"

"I was kidding!...Well, unless you wanted to, then hey, we could..."

"School!" I demanded and he sighed, giving in. Who wears the pants in this relationship, I wonder.

But all jokes aside, we made it to class on time by some miracle. Well, some people would call it that, but I call it my little bloodsucking angel.

As corny as it sounds anyway.