He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Budging that Boyfriend

The day was normal up until lunch. I needed to talk to Jacob, but I knew it'd be best if Landyn wasn't there. I had to be honest with my friend, but Landyn wouldn't like hearing what I was going to say to his enemy.

Landyn held my hand as we walked to lunch together. He seemed happy enough as he swung out arms, watching as they rocked back and forth together. I hated to be the one to break his happiness...

"Landyn, I need to sit with Jacob today."

His grip on my hand tightened and he stopped walking and backed me to a wall. Ugh, I knew he wouldn't get it.

"No. No way, Danica. I'm sorry, but you will not be sitting with him unless I'm with you," he told me, his face up in mine. He was one insecure vampire.

"Landyn, I need to straighten thing out about earlier. You can't be there," I whispered, pleading. He ran a hand through his hair and let out an exasperated sigh.

"He's kissed you a million times, so what makes you think he won't do it again? I can't stand him! He's trying to steal you from me and if he succeeds...I'll just die."

"He won't, I promise. I want to be yours forever," I swore to him, with a shy smile.

"Fine, Mrs. Landyn Marshall. But after you two speak, come back to me. Please."

"I will always come back to you," I promised softly. I kissed him goodbye before walking to Jacob, catching him on his way to lunch.

"Hey, Dani," he smiled.

"Hey, can I sit with you today?" I smiled back.

"Sure, but...Landyn?"

"You and I need to talk and he understood that."

"So you're still with the lowlife bloodsucker. Fine, what is it?"

"About earlier..."