He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

This is Messed Up

"You mean the kissing thing," Jacob assumed, sighing. "You regret it."

"Not...exactly," I sighed. His eyes widened.

"You didn't? I thought you were going to rant on about how you love Landyn and that was way out of line. By the way, he's staring at us."

"I figured. But Jacob, if I am going to be perfectly honest with you, I do have feelings for you. I mean, you're my best friend and I thought that's all you were. But lately...I don't know. I love Landyn. But I love you, too." This was difficult to admit.

"So Landyn needs to leave so we can finally be together," he snarled.

"Jake, no. I love him so much."

"Who are you in love with?" His skepticism was shining through.

"Both of you," I whispered.

"So there is still hope for me?" he asked, getting closer to me.

"Yes, but...I don't know what to do." I ran a hand through my hair, trying my best not to look towards Landyn.

"Drop the bloodsucker and join the home team. It's obvious. And you're breaking the laws of nature, Danica. I'm more human than him: with me, you could actually have kids."

"Jacob...I--"

"I know, I know. You love him and I know that. You love me, too, though. But I guess you love him more, huh?"

"Yes," I choked.

"Well, I'm not out of this yet. I'm not giving up, Danica. Not until you are Mrs. Jacob Blair." He kissed my cheek.

"You two aren't making this easy on me. Can't I just be Mrs. Landyn-Jacob Marshall-Blair?"

"I will never share you with him, Danica. I'm sorry, but no." He glanced back at Landyn and sighed. "Go to him. Clear your thoughts of our conversation as good as you can (that is if he didn't already read your mind) and go to him." I knew he didn't want to say this.

"Okay, Jacob." I kissed his cheek and walked to Landyn. He grabbed my hand possessively.

"Danica...you love him, too?"

I guess he had already read my mind. Oh that was bad.