He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Heroine

So I hadn't gotten to do much thinking back at my little thinking spot before Jake had come and...

Oh my. I couldn't believe I had actually done that. I was sitting back at home in my room and I was just listening to music on my bed and reading a book. I'd just pulled something out of my bookcase, so I really didn't know what it was. My CD player fell to the floor and I got up to get it. All of a sudden my door busted open and Landyn was standing there, wide eyed.

"Hi, Landyn?" I stood up straight after placing the player back on my bed.

"Danica," he bid me, not relaxing from his frozen and tense stance.

"What's wrong?" I asked, cocking my head to the left slightly. He bit his lip.

"So Blair told me something interesting a few minutes ago."

"About?" I asked, choking on my words.

"Dani...have you decided yet? Because it's killing me!" he told me, stepping in and closing the door. "I love you so much and to hear from the wolf that you two...It made me want to shoot myself in the head. It made me want to die! I can't stand this jealousy. I can't stand this uncertainty. I can't stand the insanity! You're like a drug and I'm hooked! I love you and I don't know what to do..."

I bit my lip. It figures Jacob would tell Landyn to get him miffed. I honestly had no idea what to do.

"Landyn. I do know that I love you so much. But I haven't decided yet. I'm sorry." And I really was. The look of desperation on his face made me want to cry.

"Oh...that's okay then...I'll just go back home. Listen, you're the only reason I'm staying in this town, so I'm leaving. If you decide on me, I'll know, alright? I'll come back. I'm gonna go pack or something. See ya."

Okay, I had to decide. Once more, I headed for the clearing. This time, no distractions.