He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Mauled

As I walked up the trail, I knew this time I couldn't say I loved both. If I wanted Landyn, I had to choose him before he was gone. If I wanted Jacob, I had to choose him so that Landyn wouldn't waste his time on me.

I walked into the clearing and sighed, knowing what I had to do now. I didn't know how to go about doing this, so I sat down right in the middle and made a chart in the dirt "Jacob and Landyn". I would write pros for both of them.

Jacob
Sweet
Warm
Always Loved Me
I Love Him
Know for a Fact we could have Kids
He seems like the Dad Type
Amazing
In Love with Him

Landyn
Gives me so Much
Sweet
Caring
Cold but Pleasant
Maybe we could have Kids [Not Sure]
I Love Him
He Loves Me
So Amazing
In Love with Him

So they were mostly the same. I sighed and threw the stick I had been using. It clattered to the ground far away. But I heard a snap. I whipped my head over and saw someone I didn't know. He was holding my now broken in half twig.

"Who are you?" I demanded, rising to my feet. He smiled and stepped from the shadows and into the sun.

"Normally I would expect that of humans, but your scent...You seem to know someone like me."

"You're a werewolf or a vampire?" I asked and he wrinkled his nose, stepping forward.

"Vampire, of course! How dare you ask me that?!" He sighed and calmed down. "But you don't smell to bad though you seem to be around a werewolf, too. So you're still alive because?"

"I have my reasons," I snarled and he chuckled.

"Those reasons won't matter for much longer."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh dear, it's nothing personal. I'm just hungry, you see? It's not you, it's my fault."

"Back off!" I screamed. "Landyn!" Out of instinct, I called his name. And he was there, in a flash, snarling at my attacker and in a protective stance in front of me.

"You take one more step near her and you will never walk again!" he threatened.

"Hmm. Let's see, child. With age comes wisdom. You're a little toddler. I'm old enough to be your long dead ancestor! Who do you honestly think will win?"

"Me," Landyn told him, baring his teeth.

"We'll see about that."

It all happened so fast.