He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Devils And Angels

"Okay, I really don't get this!" I screeched at them. "Why do you hate each other so much when you've just met? You act as though you are mortal enemies!" I really hated this. I liked having both of them around (even if one of them was supposedly a threat to me), but they were making it an impossible task.

"Danica, it's nothing for you to worry about. Jacob is just an inferior thing. He'll die someday, I promise." Landyn smiled sweetly and I glared at him.

"Landyn!"

"Yeah? And you're just a leech trying to suck the life out of my best friend!" Jacob hissed.

"Jacob!"

"Oh yeah?" Landyn challenged.

"Hell yeah!" Jacob exclaimed, accepting the threat. Landyn sat straight up and Jacob did the same. Talk about alpha male issues.

"Stop being such wussies!" I demanded. I would have stomped my foot if I had been standing. They ignored me as they scowled at each other. "Oh my God! I can't believe you two! Why are men so power hungry? It's like they have to be in control of everything and everyone!" I complained relentlessly, pretty much talking to myself here. "I guess it's a male thing," I grumbled, standing up.

"Where are you going?" they both said in unison, glaring at each other immediately after.

"We can leave now and that's what I'm doing. You two are completely insufferable together and I can't stand either of you. Get a pair and behave or I am staying away from both of you!" I threatened. Landyn got up to his feet gracefully, putting Jacob to shame as he tripped over his seat and scrambled to his feet.

"I'm sorry, but you're asking too much. I hate him just as much as he hates me and nothing will change that. Sorry, Danica, but you know you won't be able to go through with that punishment." Landyn was confident and I slouched. Of course he was right.

"Sorry, Danielle. I would do anything for you, but only the things that aren't impossible." Jacob sounded as sincere as he could be and I sighed.

"Fine, I give up. Just tell me why you guys hate each other so much." They glanced at each other with an emotion I couldn't comprehend. Fear? Guilt? I gave up on figuring it out.

"It's not something a girl like you would understand," they both agreed on.

"Are you calling me stupid?" I asked, shocked.

"No!" Jacob said defensively. "It's just not something any girl at this school would get. Not even any guys here either."

"I don't understand," I said slowly, pronouncing each word very carefully.

"It's better that way," Landyn muttered. "I promise you will understand in due time." I nodded and Jacob hissed.

"What does that mean? What are you scheming, you demon?" Jacob demanded. Landyn smiled innocently.

"I don't know what you could possibly mean." His angelic smile was there again.

"Like hell you don't!" Jacob grabbed Landyn's shirt and pushed him up against the wall. I gasped and tried to pull him away, but he wouldn't budge. Landyn hissed between his teeth.

"Put. Me. Down. Now," he demanded, venom filling his voice.

"You wouldn't dare do anything rash. There are too many witnesses." Jacob was close to laughing, I could tell.

"I don't have to stay here long anyway," Landyn said sadistically.

"Why did you come here? What is it your after?"

"The same thing as you," he whispered so softly I could hardly hear. I froze, muscles tightening. All of the blood rushed from his face as he released Landyn. Landyn smiled devilishly and looked to me. "Let's go, Danica."

"To where?" I asked, frightened.

"Why, to class of course." His voice was sweet as honey again. I nodded slowly as Jacob trembled violently. He was so pale that I had to look away from him. It only made it worse as I put my trust in the man who obviously was very dangerous in deed.

Or maybe he's just bipolar.