He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

A Little Healthy Competition

I found Jacob and walked up to him with a smile. He sighed, knowing what I was after.

"Please, not now. I just want to focus on getting you home. Okay?"

"I drove here though."

"Then I'll drive us back. I'm within walking distance of your house anyway." I only nodded, though this was completely unnecessary. Jacob smiled, happy that I was actually going through with this. I gave Michelle the conventional good-bye hug when she walked by with Bryan and I turned back to Jacob.

"Shall we go?" I asked and he nodded. Of course nothing could go that smoothly. Landyn walked over and I sighed as Jacob tensed, ready to pounce and kill.

"Plan on telling me now?" I asked him.

"Not at all," Landyn said cheerfully. His smile dropped when he looked to Jacob.

I watched as the two of them started more intense glaring. I sighed, tired of all this.

"Will you two just stop this?" I mumbled. Landyn looked at me.

"I wasn't doing anything. But Danica--" he stepped up to me, taking one of my hands and holding it to his chest "--I was wondering if you might like to do something sometime?" I looked up at him warily. Jacob was growling at him.

"Landyn..." I was not sure about anything at this point. "I'm so busy with watching over my mom."

"That's okay. We can stay at your house."

"She said no!" Jacob hissing, wrapping an arm firmly around my waist and jerking me to his side. Landyn smirked as Jacob walked me away.

"Afraid of a little healthy competition?" Jacob stopped dead in his tracks for a second.

"How can I be afraid of something that doesn't exist?" he retorted coldly, pulling me with him once more.

"We'll see about that," Landyn muttered, walking away.

"Let's go," Jacob said, pulling me out the door and to my Mercedes by the hand. He dropped me off at home, told me to be safe, kissed my cheek, and then finally left after saying hello to my mother. When I was all settled on the couch she went to take a nap. The phone rang and I picked it up quickly so it couldn't wake her up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, Danica-Marie," his smooth voice greeted me.

Why was Landyn calling me? And more importantly: how the Hell did he get my phone number?