I Can Watch Good Will Hunting By Myself

chapter one

"New school, new state, new idiots," I sighed on my way into Manual High school. "You're very lucky to be going here," my dad said "It's one of the top five hundred schools in the country." I only chose to go there because it was the only school near my house that didn't wear uniforms. While searching for the office, I thought of the bad things that could happen. I could get shot by the gang bangers, I could be forced to hang out with people I have nothing in common with because I'm from California, or I could completely go crazy and shoot people like Rick in Degrassi.

"H-hi... I'm uh.... New?" I said quietly. She sighed as if annoyed, handed me my classes, and called someone to show me around.

"Hi, I'm Jessica." This girl wearing a Hollister shirt said. I just looked at her funny. "Come on." She walked out of the office. I hurried after her. She pretty much showed me where all my classes were, then ditched me. She said she'd meet me at the beginning of lunch to tell me what they have.

My first class was art. Like I said, this was a hard school to get into, so you have to be good at something to get in. My thing is art. After that, I had math, science, and gym. Those classes all sucked. I'm horrible at math, my science teacher is a creep, and the gym teacher thought I was a slacker because I moved from California. It is true, most of the people at my old school were a-hole slackers, but I hung out with the awesomest people who weren't slackers.

At lunch, that Jessica girl told me what was good, and what was bad. "These are like... Hot dogs with oatmeal on them. They're bad or something." I looked at her weird again. "Do you speak English!?" I just kind of nodded. I'm shy around people I don't know. I watched the guy in front of her get one of those hot dog things. I got one too, she just might not like them. Everything I bought was some grape juice, french fries and that hot dog thing.

Jessica invited me to sit at her table, but she didn't really seem all that nice. "Hey." The guy who got the hot dog thing said. I turned to look at him. "You can sit with me." I nodded and awkwardly sat next to him. "I'm Andrew, what's your name?"

"A-alex...?"

"Well, Alex... You have some nice pants!" he pointed to my black and gray striped skinny jeans.

"Thanks...?" a girl wearing a My Chemical Romance shirt sat down across from Andrew.

"This." He pointed to the girl, "Is Roxy." We both just kind of waved at each other. Next came a skinny guy with long blonde-ish hair. His name was Tim, and he's vegan. Two more girls, one with long dark brown hair, and blue eyes, another with red hair. The one with the dark hair was Raven from what I gathered, she's dating Tim. The one with the red hair is Crea. Two guys who looked a lot alike came with an Asian girl. The skinnier of the two guys was named Tim too, but everyone called him Convy. He's in relations with Crea. The portlier was Marshall, he was going out with the Asian girl, Annie. Matt was the last to get to the table. He was dating Roxy.

From their conversations, I knew these would be the people I'd be hanging out with. They would go from music to debating about stuff. Most of their topics would make me laugh, but I couldn't because I didn't really know them, and haven't talked that much all day. If I just came out with something, they'd look at me funny. At least that's what happened at my old school. I knew tomorrow would be a good day.