Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Still Waiting for You

It had been a few days since I came here. Well, wherever I was anyway. I didn't know exactly how long ago I had been taken from Ian: the days seemed to blend in with one another. I think it was around three or four. Even still, Zach had neglected to tell me anything more over the course of the days. I didn't see much of him anyway.

Pretty much I would just sit around in "my" room all day, well that or wander aimlessly. But I always got lost naturally. That was pretty much the only time I saw vampire boy himself. He came to my rescue when I was being an idiot and wandering halls.

But I have to say, you could get used to living in a nice house like Zach's. Sure, I bet my parents and Ian were worried sick, but there was nothing I could do...

Unless I could phase. I'm sure if I could do that, then Zach would want nothing to do with me. But I couldn't do it. In fact, I always tried: every single day. I probably attempted it five or six times every hour. It took a toll on me, but I wanted to do it so bad I didn't care what torment my body was put through.

But maybe I was failing because I was so distracted. I mean, I still couldn't get what Zach had said out of my head. He told me it was so coincidental and convenient that I came around Ian when I had. Was Ian really like that? I was hoping not: I mean, I had to spend my whole life with the guy. I don't think I could handle that and be a good girl if that was the case.

I really hoped that Zach was just trying to get me to turn against Ian and the whole werewolf idea. It would make sense, right? But then again...his reasonings made plenty of sense too.

I sat down in my bed and looked outside. The moon was up and it only made me miss all of the people I left. I sighed, wondering what they were all up to as I was hanging out with a vampire. I hoped they were doing okay and not blaming Ian for me being gone. But they probably were.

That made me feel miserable. After all, if I had just stayed inside, everything would be okay and I wouldn't be so skeptical about Ian's real reasons for loving me...