Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Where's My Shiny Armored Knight?

As I sat on my new bed I knew that I was on my own now. If Ian was coming to save me, he would've been here by now obviously. To make it worse, Gabe wasn't exactly a delight. The first thing he had done when we got here was bite me. That [unprintable language]!!! I hate him already and there was no way I was staying here!

But I would have to get away by myself. And I knew that I had to phase to save myself.

Then I realized how truly doomed I was. Come on, I'd been trying for forever and still had gotten nowhere. Sure, the tail was cute and all, but it wouldn't exactly be my ticket to freedom.

My body had taken enough punishment for the day, so I decided that--around one in the morning--I would get some shut eye. But despite everything and how badly my body wanted sleep, my mind was restless. The wandering thing wouldn't let me catch a single z.

So when all else fails, fail at another thing! So I tried to phase once again and collapsed as my body protested against my actions. Ok, now that I've failed at everything...

"What are you doing?" Gabriel asked from my doorway. I looked to him and tried to stand up.

"I'm trying to phase," I barked before crying out as I became one with the floor again. Honestly, how rude could wood be? And painful, too!

"Hmm, and how long have you been at this?" he asked, checking his nails. Could he not see I was in agony? Oh no, don't help me up or anything.

"Alright, let's see it's been around a week...every other hour...so that totals up to around...forever," I uttered sourly.

"And what makes you think you can do it anyway?"

"It's in my blood."

"Really now? Because I tasted no mongrel when I tasted your blood. And it would seem to me that you are just an average little human girl."

"Am not!" I barked. "I just haven't phased yet! And when I do I'll be sure to let you know!"

"If this is an attempt for me to rid of you, I'm sorry, dear child, but you won't be leaving until you smell as horrid as a beast that is a werewolf. So get phasing." The bloodsucker smirked cruelly before slamming the door on me.

"Watch me," I whispered after him, forcing myself onto my feet. I failed once more, but collapsed onto my bed as I stared at the ceiling.

Alright, so my knight in shining armor was definitely not coming for me and I was beyond doomed. I just wasn't in capable hands: my own.

Being the damsel in distress isn't fun when you have to save yourself...