Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Trapped in the Closet

I pounded my fists on Ian's back as he carried me--slung over his shoulder. I kicked and wailed the whole way, but he held onto me. I did notice his hair was back to the normal color. The black dye had faded out. That or it was temporary to keep up the Michael act.

When we got to my parents' house, he carried me right on in, not bothering to put me down.

"I hate, hate, hate you!!" I screamed at him, still flailing like a madman. My parents walked in carefully after hearing the noise I was making.

"Isabel!!" my mother screamed, throwing her arms around me like a maniac. My father stared at a safe distant.

"Why did you think such bull as this?!" he screamed at me, holding up my note. I sighed as my mother squeezed the life out of me.

"Because it's true."

"Ian loves you, girl!! And so do we!"

"I believe you, but him, not so much." My mother stopped hugging me and stared.

"Honey, I love you and this is for your own good," she promised. She grabbed Ian and my hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked and Ian nodded.

"I'm sorry!" she told me before throwing me in a broom closet with Ian. I fell to my butt and heard a lock.

"WHAT?!!" I screamed, banging on the door.

"You can come out when you're sane again and make up with him!" she sang, leaving the room.

"I swear, I had no idea this would happen," he promised me, sighing as he tried to break the knob off the door.

"We just have to wait them out. No way will they leave us in here for over twenty minutes."

At least I hoped!