Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Coming out of the Closet

Hope can only go such a long way obviously.

I had been locked up in the damned broom closet for crying out loud! Now normally I would've been happy to have company, but thing with Ian were just so awkward. Why?

Well, other than the fact that I was still not trusting him since the walk home around a year ago, there was this thing that happened with "Michael". Well, so we'd been dating for around a year and things were getting serious. Relationships tend to get more, uh, intimate as time passes. No, we hadn't actually gone through with it--Greg had walked in on us (extremely awkward by the way)--but we had gotten pretty close. And that had just been a week or so ago...so go figure why my situation would be awkward?

"Isabel, we've been in here for an hour. This is getting ridiculous," Ian told me after ten or so minutes of silence.

"Don't blame me: it was my mom's fault," I muttered. Ian sighed.

"You could fake it," he suggested. "She wants us to make up, so we could pretend like you've forgiven me."

"You mean...like hugging?" I asked, turning to him and giving up on trying to get out by brute force. That was one strong door.

"Yeah...but I don't think that alone would sell it."

"I'm not having sex with you in a closet!" I screamed and he laughed dryly.

"As flattering and fun as that sounds, I wasn't talking about going that far."

"How far then?" I choked, quite sure I knew what he was saying.

"We did it all the time when i was a 'human', as you thought at least. And you don't need to get all into it, though I can't promise I won't."

Blatantly put, I suppose. Disgustingly so even.

"Ian, no funny business," I demanded. He smiled lightly.

It didn't take long for my mom to come check on us. I hated the feel of Ian's warmth, but a closet wasn't as entertaining as they make it off to be. I heard the door open and the light hurt my eyes, so I closed them.

"Well, um, how about you two not do that in here?" my mom muttered awkwardly.

It was probably a pretty awkward thing to walk in on. Who likes to walk in on their daughter and her "boyfriend" making out? Especially since Ian was holding me against the wall with my legs wrapped around his waist at the same time. I didn't want to think about how it looked. After all, I already knew how it felt and that was enough for me.

After a lecture of pure boring bull, Ian carried me home. Well, to his house. When we got there, he led me into his room. I was so close to protesting rather loudly when he backed me to a wall, pressing himself unbearably close to me: as close as bodies allow.

"Ian! What is your problem?" I yelled just before his lips crushed to mine.

"I love you so fucking much," he whispered, momentarily not kissing me, though that didn't last quite as long as I would've liked.

But how did I just know being back here would be a big mistake?