Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

What One Lacks in Strength

"Ian back off!" I screamed, pushing him away.

"Don't be such a bitch. Loosen up for God's sake!" He was acting like I was joking. Why was he acting like such a jerk?

"I'm not kidding around, Ian! Are you a moron or what?!" Yeah, I was freaking pissed at this point. He just kept coming back!

"No, turned on is what I am," he purred, pushing me to that blasted wall again.

"Well too bad! You are sick! What is your problem?! I HATE YOU!!!!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs by then.

"You do not. You and I almost had sex just a few weeks ago. Unless you're a hooker, you don't hate me."

"I was under the impression that you weren't a total douche! I'm done with this!" I pushed back again. He staggered a little, humoring me I guess.

"I am no douche," he insisted. "Why would you say that?"

I looked at him like he was insane.

"Why would I not say that?"

"Because it's a terrible thing to lie, you know? I thought you would know better."

"Get away from me," I muttered, taking my leave of him for the door. He tackled me and we both tumbled to the floor in the hall.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked, getting all up in my face about it. I was so close to spitting in his face. Let's see how he liked that!

"I'm leaving. I don't like being near you when you're acting like this."

"It's not my fault. Isabel, you just picked a terrible time to get so intimate with me in that closet."

"And why is that?"

"Animal instincts, Isabel. I can smell it and I want it. Really, I tried to control myself, I really did. But don't blame me for being weak."

"I hate you." He helped me up and carried me back into his room, throwing me on the bed.

"Right now, I can't rightfully say I care," he whispered in my ear, crawling up to me.

Oh God no...