Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Failings

So once again I was having the phasing problem. And I was ready to shoot someone! So the one time I actually want to phase, I can't do it? Oh yeah, that's definitely fair!

"Isabel, please!" Ian had been bugging me for the past hour.

"No!" I barked, failing phasing once more.

"You're going to hurt yourself and maybe the baby too!" He was such a mama's boy!

"Good! That baby can die for all I care!" I really had no idea what was wrong with me. Normally most parents fear their child not liking them, but I was fearing not liking my child! Who was I kidding? I already wanted to thing to die...

"Oh my God! Just stop trying to do this! Remember what happened last time?"

"Alright Mr. Jackass. Got anymore failings of mine to rub in my face?" I immediately regretted that when his face fell.

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to. I'm gonna go."

"Drowning your lungs in smoke again?" I asked cheerily.

"Yes," he muttered, walking off. I wanted to apologize, but I just felt way too crummy. I was aching all over and I could hardly stand. But I was still trying to phase.

Long story short, I never did. Ian came back all doped up and dragged me back home. Not being able to phase didn't help my bad mood. And now I was blaming the baby for not letting me be happy. I actually grabbed a knife and tried to plunge it in my stomach, but Ian stopped me, yelling and telling me to tell him where the moral was in that. I didn't know, I just wanted the thing dead!

After a week of that, I think Ian got tired of it. He probably went through a dozen cigarettes a day and it was all my fault. I tried to kill the thing inside me five times a day. And we were both miserable twenty-four hours a day. Ian only hang around me to make sure I didn't succeed in killing his child. My parents heard about the baby and stayed away, thinking we were having the time of our lives. Oh yeah, what fun misery is.