Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

German Boy

"I'm pretty sure there are rules against that!!!"

As soon as his lips had left mine, I had started screaming like a madman. At that point, I was probably as mad as they came!

"So what is this Ian guy? And where is he?" Ulrich was looking all around, eyes darting everywhere.

"I don't know where he is. Look, don't freak, but unfortunately I'm having his child. It shouldn't have happened, but it did, okay? I suppose he's my "mate" but my parents chose for me." I was being so open about everything and I actually didn't feel so bad. Maybe I just needed to get it all off my chest. But not to Ian. Oh no, not to Ian. I could only imagine how much puffing off that cigar he'd be doing if I told him half of the junk I was feeling.

"Oh mein Gott! Okay, okay! So I'm like making you cheat on your husband?! Oh gott!!" he freaked, doing specifically what I asked him not to do.

So he was a German boy?

"He's not my husband, okay? And I'm not cheating on him either! How fickle. Listen, calm down, please!" All of the yelling was bound to bring up some question. Or people popping up out of nowhere, like they tended to do in the little town...thing.

"I'm calm, I'm calm. Okay, calm." Who was he trying to convince? "So you're not his fiance?"

"No, it's not like that. He doesn't even want to get married in the first place. But there are some crazy rules here. Like the whole give your daughter to some little kid thing."

"Wow. I just left my home in spite of my parents. But wow, that's funked up."

"Funked up?" I giggled. And it sounded funny. I hadn't laughed for real in a while. "So what do you want to do?"

"Well..."

"What?"

"I wanna make out some more but that's probably a bad idea..."

"Yeah. It's a terrible idea," I told him, looking around nervously. "At least except for the part of the day Ian's gone."

"Risky girl, huh? That's hot. So what are we going to--?"

"Who is this?" Ian walked in and stared suspiciously at me. I'd have to soften him up.

"Hi, Ian!" I ran to him and hugged him tightly as if I had missed him ever so much. "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you, too. Now who is this?"

"A friend. He needs a place to crash."

"WHAT?!"

So I was going to have to soften him up a teeny bit more.