Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Dramas Belong in Plays

When I came to I was aware of two things:

1.) Someone was flipping out. Crying, I think.
2.) I felt awful. Really awful.

I opened my eyes reluctantly and I saw the ceiling. Nothing too interesting up there, so I sat up. Well, tried to.

"Be careful!" Ian warned me, hissing.

"What...?" I was caught off guard by his anger, to say the least. I think that's what it was.

"Lay back down, Isabel!" I heard my mom yell at me.

In a daze, I did as I was told. Only then did I dare open my mouth.

"Anyone want to tell me what's going on?" I asked, staring back to the ceiling again.

"Isabel, you passed out! How can you be so calm?" Ian asked me as if I was insane.

"I passed out. It's not such a big deal, Ian. You need to calm down a bit." I looked around the room and saw that both my parents where there as well as Ulrich. He smiled kind of awkwardly and waved, probably feeling out of place.

"What about the baby?"

"I think you care about that thing more than you do me," I muttered.

"That thing?"

Crap. I kind of guessed my parents hadn't heard the news about me hating my child. Ian looked rather confused too.

"I thought the pills stopped that!" Ian yelled.

"What pills?" my dad screamed.

It was chaos, really. Why were they overreacting so much?

"You didn't tell us there was anything wrong with our baby!" my mom yelled, getting on her feet and glaring at Ian. I took the time to sit up and get off of the couch.

"No big deal! You are all making drama out of nothing!" I screamed. "You people are insufferable!" I turned to Ulrich and grabbed his hand. "I need out of here!"

I dragged him outside despite Ian's rather loud protests.

"I've never heard someone scream so loud," Ulrich told me, joking, I think.

"They are pains. Ugh, but at least I have someone who makes some sense."

"You make me sound like I'm so great. I'm not."

"Why would you say that?" I asked, not getting it.

"Nothing. It's just...inferiority complex. That's what it's called. I think." He laughed. "So what are we out here for?"

"Whatever you want to be out here for," I whispered, laughing.

"Well, okay then!" he exclaimed, pouncing on me. I laughed as I fell backwards, kissing him. "As long as Ian doesn't come out here. I've already seen what he did for me touching you. Wonder what he'd do if he saw this."

"I don't," I told him, kissing him quickly.

"You make me feel so bad about myself..." he muttered.

"Why?"

"...Why wouldn't you?"

"Good point. We should stop."

"Didn't say that," he told me, kissing me one more time. "But Ian's coming."

He stood up and I saw Ian stalking up to me. He looked mad...