Sequel: Chasing the Moon

Pup Among the Big Dogs

Time will Pass

I rose to my feet and watched as Ian got closer and closer. He looker angrier with each step. Way angrier.

"What's wrong?"

"Want to tell me what's going on?" he demanded, pulling me over to him.

"What are you talking about?" I muttered. I knew full well what he meant.

"Are you cheating on me?" he asked, hurt. I stuttered.

"Ian, why are you asking this? Don't you trust me?" I felt terrible.

"I trust you, but...You like being around Ulrich more than you like being around me...and I love you so much. It really hurts when you pick him over me," he told me, blinking furiously. He held me tightly to his chest.

"I love you, Ian. Do you get that?" I asked, kissing his nose.

"I love you, too. So...baby, will you please come back inside? I cleared things up with your parents, so...I was thinking...we could have some alone time..."

"Ulrich, could you find a place to go?" I asked him, trying to get on Ian's good side. He nodded. "Okay."

"Are you really serious?" Ian asked, his face brightening. He picked me up and walked me into our bedroom, kicking the door shut behind us...

I don't know how many months had passed, but Ian was sure in a chipper mood. Ulrich was still hanging around, and I still wasn't as faithful as I could've been. But I was making up for it in bed with Ian every night. But I hadn't phased in forever. That didn't help and I was also getting pretty fat. It was definitely noticeable.

It really made Ian smile when I sat down with him and let him listen to my tummy or feel the baby kicking. I don't think the man could have been happier. And that made me happier, too. Ulrich didn't seem to like seeing my tummy so big, but I couldn't imagine why. He hadn't been disgusted by it before...

"Ian, come here!" I yelled, cringing.

"What's wrong?" He was there in a flash, gripping my hand.

"It really hurts. I mean, it really hurts!" I told him, starting to cry. Ian flipped.

"Oh God! Oh God, oh God, oh God!" he shouted.

"What?"

"I think we need to get you to the hospital! I'm going to call your parents."

And by the end of the day, I had learned one thing for certain: boy, does childbirth hurt like hell!