Status: Complete

Dawn

One

Everything was green. I wasn't used to it, I was used to the crowded streets, loud noises, and only seeing green when I walked through a park. I looked down at my Ipod and turned the volume up to block out my mom and sister fighting. Again. They've been fighting ever since we got off the plane in Seattle. Like always my dad was trying to break it up and I was silent.

I haven't talked since the wreak, which was over two months ago. I don't blame Celia at all. After all she is my twin. I turned my head to look back out the window. More green than a sign. "Welcome to Forks." Finally I thought and sighed as we made our way through Forks.

Dad finally stopped the car in front of a two story house. It looked old and dreary. The brown shutters were in need of a replacement, and the house itself needed painted. The lawn was overgrown a bit, but other than that it seemed nice.

"Its in need of some tender, love and care," Marcia, my mom said happily jumping out of the car her brown hair swaying as she bounced around. I turned off the music, wrapped the earphones around the Ipod and got out of the car placing the Ipod in my hoodie.

"Ill say," Celia said climbing out next to me a box in her arms. My blue eyes ran over the house and the land again. I looked around and noticed we had no neighbors.

"Come on City, grab a box and lets hurry to get the best rooms," Celia said shooting me a smile and hurrying after mom, who had already opened the front door and already wondering around inside.

I turned and grabbed a box from the car and hurried after her. Once I entered the house, I scrunched up my nose at the smell. It smelled as though nobody had lived here in a long time. I walked more into the house, well hallway. I walked quietly down the hallway, and into the kitchen. I placed the box I held on the counter. I looked around the kitchen, the wallpaper was faded with age, and the hardwood floor needed a good scrub, than a wax.

I took one last look and walked into the living room. I didn't stay long in the room before I was up the stairs and in a long hallway.Celia was skipping towards me with a large smile on her face. She stopped in front of me, grabbed my arm and dragged me down the hall and into a room. The room was big, and had a hardwood floor. The walls were a faded blue and Celia looked excited. I smiled and walked out into the hallway and opened the door across the hall.

Like the rest of the house, the hardwood floor was faded, along with the walls. There was a bay window on the other side of the room. I smiled widely and ran to the window. The view was great. Trees after trees, but still very pretty. I turned and walked out of the room and went to help getting the rest of the boxes out of the car.

I grabbed the last box and shut the trunk, turned around, and hurried to the front door. I shifted the box and closed the door behind me. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen where the rest were. I smiled at them and put the box on the ground .

"Well go into town tomorrow to get paint for your rooms," Roy, my dad said as he turned his brown eyes on Celia and I.

"Also tomorrow, the moving truck will arrive with the rest of the stuff." mom added as dad wrapped his arms around her. I nodded, grabbed a box with my name on it and walked to my new room. I put the box with the rest in a corner. I pulled out a blanket and pillow from a box and laid them on the ground. I looked out the window one last time to see the sun setting before I laid down myself and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!