Status: Complete

Dawn

Seventeen

"So tell me about yourself," Edward said as we sat in the cafeteria.

"What do you want to know?" I asked looking Edward in the eye.

"Well tell me the basics," he said looking me over.

"I'm 17 years old, have a twin, and I have an older brother," I said looking away from Edward to the table.

"Can you take me home?" I asked a little while later of silence. He looked at me and stood up. He nodded and held his hand out. I debated for a while with my mind and then finally grabbed his pale hand. I gasped at its coldness, but still held his hand. He pulled me up softly and began walking me to his car.

My head was down as we stopped, I looked up and watched Edward open the passenger door to his Volvo. I blushed and smiled at him. I sat down on the leather seat, Edward shut the door and then he was next to me in the drivers side. I smiled and looked out the window. The trees were in blurs. I looked over at the speedometer and raised my eyebrow at Edward as I looked at him.

"What?" he asked looking over at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road," I gasped out wide eyed. He smirked and kept looking at me.

"I have a built in radar," he said pointing to his head then looked back to the road.

"I'm confused," I said still looking at him. He looked at me, and slowed down just a little.

"I can read minds," he said watching my reaction.

"So you can read my mind," I asked eagerly.

"Just bits and pieces," he said frustrated.

"Really?"

"Just pieces then its like your on Am, fuzzy." he said looking slowing down to pull into my empty driveway. I looked at him and smiled as I opened the door. I stepped out of the car and turned back to Edward before shutting the door.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked with a blush.

" I have to get home," he said with a rushed voice. I nodded a little disappointed. "Ill come to pick you up in the morning."

"Okay," I said in a small voice looking into his eyes. His eyes softened and he bent over towards me and rubbed his cold, pale hand against my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into his hand. I opened my eyes as he softly pulled away. I smiled softly and pulled away. I shut the door to the Volvo and backed away, watching it back down the driveway. Then it was gone in a matter of seconds. I turned and began walking to the front door.

I pulled the house key out, and unlocked the door. I slowly opened the door, walked into the house, and shut the door behind me. I sighed and walked down the hall and into the living room where I flopped onto the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!