Status: Complete

Dawn

Two

I groaned as I rolled over on the hard floor. I kicked the blankets off me my eyes still closed. I opened my eyes and blinked the sleep away. I yawned as I stood up. I raised my arms over my head and stretched. As I finished stretching I scoped the blanket up and began folding it. I then put it on top of one of the boxes in the corner, I then grabbed the pillow and put it on top of the blanket. I search around the boxes till I found some old clothes, my shampoo, and ext. I yawned again as I stepped out into the hallway. I turned toward the rest of the hallway and quietly made my way down the hall. I looked in every room. Another bedroom with sleeping parents. A closet and finally a bathroom. I stepped in the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. The bathroom wasn't all big. The wallpaper was peeling with age, but the toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower were new. I sat my clothes on the toilet, and my toiletries on the tubs side. I turned on the shower, quickly undressed and enjoyed my shower.

I fastened the buckle on my pants, picked up my stuff, and returned to my room. I put my stuff in the corner and left the room. I sighed as I heard Celia complaining in the kitchen as I walked through the living room and into the kitchen. My parents were standing over water filled buckets, with rags in their hands. They all looked up as I entered the room.

"Good Morning darling," mom said smiling at me. I smiled at her. A look of disappointment crossed her face, the suddenly vanished replaced by a look of excitement. Dad handed me a bucket, and a rag. Confusion must my face cause he began explaining.

"We need to clean the floors and walls before the moving truck gets here." I nodded and walked back upstairs, and made my wall back to my room.I placed the bucket on the ground, got on my hands and knees and started scrubbing the floor.

When I finished scrubbing the floor and washing down the walls, the sun was high in the sky. I wiped my forehead, grabbed the bucket, rag and stumbled down the hall,down the stairs, through the living room, and into the kitchen.

"Finished?" I heard Celia ask as she walked into the kitchen after me. I nodded.

"Mom and dad just left to get the paint for our rooms." she said as she dumped her bucket of water down the kitchen sink, and I followed. I rubbed my hands together and looked out the kitchen window.

A hour later the rooms were painted, and being aired out with the windows open. I groaned as I heard mom and Celia start fighting again.

"Felcity?" I heard as I sat down on the stairway. I looked behind me to see my dad looking at me with his brown eyes. I scooted over and patted the space beside me. I felt him sit down. I looked at him my blue eyes boring into his eyes.

"When are you going to start talking again?" he bluntly asked. I looked away from him and shrugged my shoulders. I felt him put his arm around my shoulders and pull me into a hug. I wanted to cry so hard and tell him, but I was afraid. I hugged him back tight, my head on his chest.

"Roy, Felcity, the moving truck is here!" mom yelled from the hallway. I pulled away from dad and smiled at him. I jumped up and pulled him with me, as I jogged down the stairs, and into the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!