Where's the Heart?

Getting a Little

I woke up rather early considering I didn't have work. It made me wonder who Edwin had killed when he had left yesterday. I was hoping anyone but Jack: he was the one person at that place I could stand. I was hoping the one who had always been giving me trouble from day one would be gone. A name? How should I know? I didn't care one bit and memorizing her name...she didn't deserve me to do that! Waste of brain space!

"And you need plenty of that, don't you, Jade?" Edwin asked, removing himself from my bed.

"Oh, stop getting in my head. It's sooooo annoying."

"It's not so great for me either. I've concluded one thing: you're insane. Beyond insane, actually."

"Tell me something I don't know," I begged, getting out of bed and following Edwin out of my room and into the kitchen.

"I only know what you know, Jade," he told me.

"Do you know everything I know?" I asked, nervous.

"Anything that's ever crossed your mind." Damn it! That was baaaad. So now I'm a sheep? Edwin sighed at my rambling and I blushed like mad.

"Hehe....Yeahhhhh," I sighed, feeling stupid. He shook his head and perched himself on my counter--half naked for all the world to see. Including me...And that was bad.

I ate toast for breakfast that day and Edwin had watched me the whole time: like a hawk. It made me wonder just what was on his mind as he seemed to space out. I knew what was on my mind: I had a mythological God sitting with me at my kitchen table. What divine company, right?

Crap! I hoped he was spaced out and not listening to my chatter in my head. I needed to censor my brain or something. Edwin didn't laugh, so I could assume I was safe...for now, dun dun dun!

I finished my delicious--might I add?--toast that I made (all by myself!) and Edwin snapped out of his trance and watched me as I tossed my paper plate in the garbage.

"What do you have planned for today?" he asked me, looking all over the place. Well, all over the place didn't include glancing even once at me.

"I'm not sure. Just hang out. Friends over didn't work out last time." I cast a glare at him and he shrugged.

"Hate to break it to you, but I'd do it again. And again and again. And again and--"

"I get it. I'm a slave in my own house!" Where were the fuzzy pink handcuffs? Oh, feminine side of Edwin!

"Kinky, aren't we?" he asked, laughing melodically, as if he were trying to make me swoon. Well, it worked. That laugh...Ugh! Focus!

"Should I say yes or no?" I asked, plopping down on the couch. Edwin sat down more gracefully than me.

"Doesn't matter. I know the truth, you naughty human."

"That's creepy," I told him. Him talking like that...Gave me the chills!! I turned on the tv anyway and tried to get absorbed into that, but he laughed again and I melted into the couch. Alright not literally.

Everyone come see the amazing hybrid couch! Half couch, half disgusting melted human that no kind of car squeegee can scrape off!

I sound like a virus!

"You find that creepy, but not the fact that you live with a vampire?" He raised an eyebrow and I envisioned myself throwing myself onto him. That's how sexy it was! Ha, but that would only end bad. I laughed lightly, trying not to be completely insane.

"I'm used to it. So I'm thinking later we could go to the Java or something. Or that other coffee shop. There were some hot guys there!"

"What are you talking about? You and I both know he won't be there: he's watching tv on the couch with Jade." Edwin had a true look of puzzlement on his face. Oh, he's funny.

"I saw way hotter guys than you there, Eds. Besides, they actually found me attractive! I might be getting me a little...conversation!" I threw my arms in the air and did a dance in my seat.

"Hmm. Alright. The Java it is," he replied suspiciously enough. Did guys being near me, oh I don't know, intimidate him? He glared at me and scoffed. Sorry, Mr. Angry-pants! He rolled his eyes and snatched the remote from me. I tackled him to the floor, trying to get my baby back!

"Gimme!" I demanded, pinning him. He flipped us over and thought for a moment.

"No, I don't feel like it," he purred, laughing. I licked his face and rolled him onto the bottom.

"Ha, you like being on bottom?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes again.

"This is not a sexual position! And besides, we both know I'd be on top if it were."

"Psh, too bad I don't believe you!"

"Then I'll have to make you won't I?"

"What...Wha?" I stared at him through wide eyes as he took off his pants. Dear Lord! In the living room!

He leaned in...

And once again bit me. Again!! Life's not fair. Just when I thought I was going to be getting me a little...

I mean sex!! Ha, bet you thought I was going to say conversation! Oh my, I'm talking to myself again. Again!

Mary had a little lamb,
Little lamb,
Little lamb.
Mary had a little lamb,
Whose fleece was white as snowwww!!!!

Everybody now!