Where's the Heart?

High-Class Chats

"Yes?" Funny how calm I could make myself sound as I was pinning a bloodthirsty vampire to the ground. Especially the one that was in love with my blood. I was discovering even more things wrong with me every day!

"Let's recap, shall we?" He didn't sound mad actually. He sounded like we were having a discussion over some tea. Edwin at a tea party... "Boy asks you on date; I say no. He wants to take things further and I take him outside. You tackle me to the ground; and scream 'Run, Pansy!'. And here we are now, correct?"

"Correct," I confirmed, sprawled out on him. I felt a bit ridiculous. Nonetheless, he was silent for a few moments for taking in a deep breath.

"Are you insane?" he asked me casually. That required no thought.

"I guess I am."

"Am I going to kill you?" he asked, no tone in his voice.

"I should hope not," I told him, shrugging.

"You should. I hope God answers your prayers, Jade."

"Boy, so do I!" He shoved me off of him and he stood up, glaring down at me menacingly. I suppose our nice chat was over and he just knocked over my expensive teapot. Not the fine china!

"Who do you think you are to interrupt my business!" he screamed at me and I shrunk into myself like a turtle or something.

"Jade?"

"Stop trying to be cute. You are not cute enough to get off the hook for this!"

"Oh? But I am cute, right?" I batted my eyelashes and he just glared. No joking around this guy obviously!

"No, Jade. I would describe you more as stupid, mental, or even a masochist. Do you want to die? Just out of curiosity because you seem to enjoy testing my patience. Your life is on the line, not mine. You do know that, don't you?"

"Indeed." Both of us could act like scholars! Maybe I was being a bit...stupid. For lack of a better word.

Who am I kidding? That was the perfect word!

"We are going home. Now. But before we do, remember those nice little bites on your neck?"

Boy, I sure did. And I sure wish I didn't.

"I couldn't let you kill him! It was my fault!"

"Oh, I know. And since it was certainly your fault, you will be the one to pay for it. It's only ethical, right? Or should Gage pay for your mistakes?"

"No," I whispered, hating him like this. Mostly I hated being so afraid of him.

As soon as I let him know of my pain by screaming, a wicked smile crept onto his face as I writhed on the ground. As soon as the pain stopped, he pulled me up and stabbed my neck with his canines. He took way too much and I found myself quite unconscious.

I sound like I'm on a British talk show! Oh my, I seem to have fainted!