Where's the Heart?

Trouble Maker

I was sitting on the couch in Edwin's absence. About ten minutes ago he had told me he was going to work up an appetite so we could spend some time together. What crude humor he had. So I was sitting, watching the television whilst being bored out of my mind.

In case you were wondering; no, it wasn't fun at all.

Some cartoon was on and it wasn't one I much cared for. I didn't even know the name of it to be honest. I was on the verge of falling asleep when the doorbell snapped me back into focus. I jumped to my feet and ran to open the door. There was only one person it could possibly be and that had to be Edwin.

"You're finally back! I'm so bored!" I jumped on him, wrapped my legs around his waist, and threw my arms around his neck. This better be torture enough for what he was putting me through! But he seemed to go rigid and freeze in place. Was something wrong? I didn't want to look, so I kept my face buried in his shoulder.

All of a sudden we were moving. Well, yeah, I knew he had legs, but he was actually holding me up and carrying me. Shouldn't he have yelled by now? He pried me from him and now things were getting back to normal. Except I was sitting on the counter now. People don't belong on shelves!

"Edwin, what on Earth are you doing?" I asked him as he pulled himself from me. I brought my gaze to his face for the first time since he had walked through my door.

"Jade, dear, I'm not your cousin." He stepped closer and I scooted back on my ledge.

"Gage! What are you doing here?" I hissed. If he got caught his blood would be spilled on my own kitchen floor!

"I wanted to see you," he told me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer to him. I shook my head, dropping down from the counter. He was crazier than me!

And that was an accomplishment!

"Gage, go home before Edwin gets back. You know he doesn't like you!"

"Why not? Why wouldn't he want his cousin to be happy?"

"Right..." I couldn't do this. "I don't want you to die because of me. Go home."

"Is that really what you want?"

No.

"Yes," I told him and he sighed, turning around. I sighed and walked to my bedroom. Hopefully Edwin wouldn't notice that a guy had been here. All of a sudden the door slammed behind me and I felt the floor slip from under my feet. Crap, had Edwin found out? "I'm sorry!" I didn't want him to be mad.

"For what?"

Ugh! It was freaking Gage again!

"Go home!" I told him for a final time. He shook his head and I felt the bed under my back.

"Not a chance. He's not scaring me away."

Hold on, we were in my room and Edwin said any guy who went in there would be intimidated. Why wasn't it working? Did Gage really not care about the "lingering scent of doom"?

The bed shifted and Gage was suddenly in my face. I shook my head.

"He'll murder you if you're here when he comes home!"

"So you care about me, huh?" He was getting comfortable on top of me. I was not a mattress!

"I don't like guilt! I'll be responsible for your death! I can't be the one to be the end of you! That'd be horri--"

Oh no. This was bad. Very, very bad. Yeah, it was amazing, but it was soooo bad. His lips were on mine and I wasn't protesting. What can I say? After so long of no guys, how could I say no? That'd be inhumane! But I probably was way too into it.

"Get the fuck off of her!"

Oh, hell!!