Where's the Heart?

Mine

You know, I didn't think so either!

I tried pushing the brat off of me, but he was way stronger than he looked, I'll give him that. I actually started feeling woozy after a bit of his bad hickey or whatever he was trying to do. I stopped struggling: I couldn't rightfully feel any part of me at all right now.

"Oops," he said, mocking me, my blood on his lips. That was mine!! "I got carried away. But God that's good. I certainly don't want to drain all of it here when I could be saving it. What to do, what to do. How about you meet me here every night? Same time? Same scent?"

"You wish!!" I screamed, using whatever energy I had left, hoping for that adrenaline rush thing to happen.

"Hold still. You're annoying me. I'm trying to decide what to do with you. I mean, I certainly can't let you get away. I certainly can't drink it all right here: I would miss the flavor. Hmm what to do?"

"Get your sick kicks somewhere else!"

"Easy, Tiger. You're in no situation to make demands, Jade," he told me, holding my chin and tilting it up so I looked him in the eye. This little freak was making me so mad. I was going to kick his ass next time I saw him.

"There will be no kicking my ass, Jade. And I am not a child as you seem to keep calling me. I would be kinder to me if you wish to live because in this little play I am Death and you are little insignificant human Jade. I'd be nice if you want Fate in the favor of you."

"I hate you," I pronounced slowly and carefully so even he could understand.

"I'm not fond of you either, Jade. But I am fond of your body and what's in that body. I want it. What I want is what I get. You're as good as mine."

"Don't count your chickens, buddy," I muttered and he laughed.

"Good thing I don't want chickens then, isn't it?"

"My blood is mine and everything attached to me is mine, got it, kid?" I smirked and he laughed. It was evil and sadistic. And I know, I watch cartoons to this day.

"Jade, I am over a hundred years older than you. And as for you belonging to you, well, darling, mastership has passed and I'm in control now."

I screamed as loud as I could when his fangs or something pierced my neck again. He pulled off of me, this time with no crimson red on his lips.

"Now, you're mine. Go ahead, say something funny. Insult me. Spit on me."

"Why would I do it if you want me to? That's stupid."

"That was an order, Jade. Do it." He grinned and it was rather creepy. Smiles weren't for this guy, Edwin.

"No way!" Edwin smirked and I became aware of a tingling on my neck that soon turned into a horrible shock of pain that surged through my entire body. It was like I was on fire. I passed out cold but never hit the stone floor.

You know, work sounded real good right now!