Where's the Heart?

"The Talk"

Edwin's P.O.V.

I watched Jade as she walked out of the room suddenly. What something wrong? She closed the door to her room and I knew something was up. But what? I just didn't understand her sometimes. So I continued listening to Nathan.

"You didn't hear a word I said, did you?" Nathaniel asked me.

"Yes, I did. But I got bored so I tuned you out."

"Sure. So tell me, what's it like?" I gave him a funny look.

"What's it like to what?"

"Be in love with a human." I coughed, choking.

"Excuse me?" Oh no, was I that obvious?

"You watched as she walked away. Honestly, you're whipped, Edwin. And I'll admit, she does have a cute little ass, so I understand why you're looking."

"What?!" Why was he looking?

"It's tight, too. So why haven't you hit that?" Okay, this was not a conversation I wanted to be having.

"Nathan, what's it like to be insane?" I asked him, hoping to get him on a rant. Anything to make this talk stop.

"It's fun actually. What's it like to know that Jade's an Edwin virgin?" He was trying to tick me off. Honestly, my so called friend had some issues.

"Are you calling me a man whore?"

"Edwin, seriously. What are you guys?"

"Nothing." Sadly, it was true. We were the definition of nothing.

"So why don't you change that? What's keeping you from marching in there and telling her 'I love you, Jade, so let us make sweet and passionate love for a fortnight!'?"

I stared at him, making sure he was done with the insanity. He sat quietly for a bit, so I sighed.

"There are so many things wrong with what you just said," I informed him.

"Seriously now. Just tell her. I'm sure she feels the same."

"How would you know?" I muttered and he sighed.

"Edwin, really. I'm just telling you that I would've made a move by now."

"Can we talk about something else?"

"Your funeral, but whatever. Alright so what have you been up to?"

When Nathaniel left I had so much on my mind as I made my way for Jade's room. I had no idea how I would do this, but I couldn't let this keep going on. Isn't it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all anyway? I hoped so.

The door creaked open and Jade's eyes were on me in a second if not sooner. She looked so cute when she had something going on in her head for once. She stepped up to me and stared some more. It was all I could do to not pull her to me.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked me, curiosity in her eyes. I wanted to laugh. Was it not obvious?

I wanted to tell her. It was Jade that was on my mind. She was always on my mind. I felt a smile form on my face for the first time in years. Her face looked so soft then as she looked so confused, so gorgeous.

It made me wonder what was on her mind.