Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

A Quick Chat

BLAISE'S P.O.V.

I grabbed the stupid, little kangaroo off of my broom and headed back towards the castle. Professor Dumbledore would surely want to know about this. Then at least he could send Fawks and the Order members in the right direction.

"Blaise? Where are you going?" Marissa asked me as they all trotted to catch up.

"I'm going to show this to Dumbledore and explain where we think they've gone," I replied.

"Good idea, mate," Montague said.

"Hey guys," Goyle said slowly, "Won't Draco and Evie be in a ton of trouble for disobeying the Dark Lord like this?"

"Duh," Sophie said whilst rolling her eyes, "And we probably will be too for working with Dumbledore to find them."

"Don't worry," I said, "We can pass it off as using any means necessary to catch them and turn them in to our master. It'll be fine. He'll reward us for that."

"And how come we don't tell him about the kangaroo?" Marissa asked.

"We didn't want to send him on a wild goose chase and waste his time until we were positive," I stated simply. I was sly when it came to twisting the truth. Hence my placement in Slytherin.

We walked in silence the rest of the way to the Headmaster's office. We were all consumed in our separate thoughts. Where were Draco and Evelyn now? What were they doing? Were they safe?

"Is he going to kill them if he catches them?" Crabbe asked suddenly as we reached the stone gargoyle.

"He won't kill Evie," I answered simply, "He needs her. He'll probably just torture her within an inch of her life. But Draco; Draco he'll kill. He's not as important to the Dark Lord as Evelyn. Voldemort could find another heir in an instant."

Marissa shuddered at the thought of one of her best friends being killed. I gripped her hand reassuringly as Sophie said the password and we got on the stairs.

When we entered his office, Dumbledore was informing Potter, Granger, and Weasley of the situation. He stopped talking and turned his attention to us as we entered. Ron winced slightly when he saw us as if we were about to hex him. I might have too, but I didn't have time right now.

"Mr. Zabini and company," Dumbledore said serenely, "What brings you back to my office so soon?"

"We think we know where they've gone," I stated.

Dumbledore looked intrigued and conjured chairs for us all. I sat down next to Harry, my sister's real brother. What would Evelyn had been like if her mother hadn't died? Would she have known about Harry? Would she be in Slytherin? Would she and I even be friends?

I snapped out of my daydreams and handed Professor Dumbledore the tiny, hyper kangaroo.

"We think they've gone to Australia!" Sophie chimed in.

"Ah, well that is very likely, Ms. Avery," Dumbledore said thoughtfully. "No one would expect such a place. And there is plenty of open land in the outback to hide. Very smart thinking on their part."

"What are you going to do, Professor?" Hermione asked.

Stupid Mudblood should mind her own business. Why is she even here?

"Well, Ms. Granger. I'll send Fawks in that direction and notify a few contacts I have down there of Ms. Zabini and Mr. Malfoy's situation. Then, if Evelyn and Draco choose to have protection from the Order, I will send down my most trusted members to retrieve them. If all goes well, I can have them safe in a matter of days."
I breathed out a sigh of relief. All I wanted was for Evie to be safe. Technicalities aside, she is still my sister, and I love her to death.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...what did you think?
Let me know, my fabulous readers!
XoXo Kate