Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Lounging in the Common Room

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

We spent the rest of the day lounging around the common room. Well, not really lounging. More like analyzing every possible aspect of Draco and Evelyn's situation. Where were they? How did they get there? Were they safe? Did the Dark Lord know yet?

When we weren't going bloody mental trying to figure out where they were, we were writing our 'Master Letter' to them. Blaise thought it would be best if we all just wrote a couple sentences and shared a piece of parchment. Then it would be less for Fawks to carry.
Besides, we all wanted to know the same things. So, I guess Blaise had the right idea.

It was nearly time for dinner when I heard Marissa scream. I jerked awake from my napping position on one of the plush leather couches. I turned my head to see Lord Voldemort himself stepping from the fireplace. Behind him were Steven and Rebecca Zabini and Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. They all looked incredibly pissed off.

Blaise and Montague had been taking a quick nap too and had jumped up and pulled their wands out at Marissa's scream. Crabbe and Goyle sat extremely still at a table where they had been attempting to play wizard's chess.

"Now, now children," the Dark Lord hissed, "Settle down."

We all obeyed and resumed our previous seating arrangements carefully.

"Very good. Now who wishes to explain what has happened to me?" he asked.

"I will, my Lord," Blaise croaked.

"Alright, Blaise. What do you know?"

Blaise took a deep breath, "Draco took Evelyn and left the country. Evie left a note, which we don't have anymore, that said they didn't want to do whatever plans you had for them. She said that leaving was the only way they could be together. We think they have gone to Australia because, there was a kangaroo in the broom shed on my broom handle and their Firebolts are gone."

"And how come you did not come forth with this information sooner?" Voldemort asked coldly, his lips twitching with rage.

"We don't know any of this for sure. We didn't want to tell you until we were positive, my Lord."

"So you told that bloody old man instead?"

"We thought it would be our best chance of finding Draco and Evelyn so we could turn them in to you," Blaise answered coolly. He was very good at this interrogation business.

"Very well."

"My Lord," I asked tentatively, "How did you find out they're missing?"

"My dear, Sophie," he smiled sweetly, "Your uncle, Alabastor Avery, has been working at the reception desk of an airport in London for me. He sold them plane tickets. Oh and he says hello."

I gasped. That meant they knew exactly where Draco and Evelyn were headed. Voldemort must have known what I was thinking, for his lips contorted into a twisted grin.

"Yes, Sophie. We know exactly where they are. When they get off that plane, there will be hell to pay."

Marissa nearly fainted on that note. Luckily, Montague caught her and sat her down on the couch. Blaise was trembling, either from fear or anger; I couldn't tell.

"Now Blaise. You have shown where your loyalties lie with your clever thinking and willingness to report news to me. Therefore, I want to award you a great honor. Give me your arm," Voldemort growled.

Blaise stepped forward slowly, knowing what was coming. Voldemort placed the tip of his wand to Blaise's left forearm. He muttered a long incantation. After a few seconds, a black fluid flowed from the tip of his wand. It spread through Blaise's skin like a poison.

Eventually, it sunk in and settled in the shape of the Dark Mark.

"Thank you, my Lord," he whispered. His voice rang with awe. I couldn't decipher whether it was good or bad, however.

"And what happens to me?" a raspy voice asked. We all turned to see Pansy standing just inside the common room door with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Don't worry, Pansy. You are still to become the Dark Queen. Your husband has just changed is all," the Dark Lord answered, another twisted smile sprawling across his face.

Pansy let out a sigh of relief. She strutted over to us all and attached herself to Blaise's arm. I shot a sympathetic look towards Marissa. Silent tears were running down her face and she was squeezing Monty's hand tightly. He was gently rubbing her back with his other hand.
"Now, if you would all come with us back to the Manor for a few moments," Voldemort said cheerfully, "I do believe the children have returned home."

One by one, Voldemort watched us floo to Malfoy Manor. I was the last one to go. For some reason, Voldemort had always been sweet to me. So, I decided I should press my luck with a simple question that had been plaguing my mind.

"My Lord?"

"Yes, Sophie?" he asked.

"What are you going to do to Evelyn?"

"She will live, Sophie, do not fear for your friend."

I smiled sadly. I decided to press my luck one more time.

"And what of Draco, my Lord?"

"Well, Sophie," he smiled, "I promise you that I, will not kill him."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last time the chapters will be divided into Part A and Part B. However, point of views will still shift occasionally as it is necessary to the story.
So...what did you think? Let me know!
XoXo Kate