Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Flash of Green Light

DRACO'S P.O.V.

I attempted to disapparate back to Evelyn the second Bella let go of me. I couldn't do it.

"Did you really think I'm that stupid, nephew?" she asked slyly. "The entire Manor is enchanted so no one can disapparate from within it."

After gloating of her brilliance, she placed the full body bind curse on me so I couldn't escape. She took my wand then set me on a couch. I suppose that was her means of sympathy towards her poor, defeated nephew.

A few minutes later, the Dark Lord burst through the door of the sitting room. He was followed by mine and Evie's parents, and surprisingly, our friends. His face fell when he saw me.

"Where's the girl?" he screamed in outrage.

"Forgive me, my Lord. I couldn't touch her. I couldn't curse her or even take her wand. She had some sort of magical protection on her; I've never seen such a thing before," Bella pleaded.

If I hadn't been incapable of movement, I would have smirked. At least I was able to keep Evelyn safe.

"Well, next time I'll send someone more competent to do my bidding. I NEED her, Bellatrix," he growled.

"I know, my Lord, I'm so very sorry," she said. I could hear the sadness in her voice. She'd always been so enchanted with him. I couldn't comprehend why, he was a horrible person.

"So, we'll have to deal with the boy for now," he began, "Well, Draco, you know what you've done. You know it's wrong. I'm willing to bet you also know that you are to be severely punished."

He took the curse off of me. I stood up to face him. I was unarmed, but I wanted to look brave and live up to my reputation.

"I would 'Crucio' you into insanity. But I don't think that would be satisfactory. Though, I can't kill you either. I promised Sophie that I wouldn't. However, maybe my NEW heir would do the honors?" he suggested.

Blaise stepped forward timidly after shaking Pansy off his arm.

"Blaise is loyal and a much better wizard than you will ever be Draco. He is taking your place. I have no need for you any longer," he snarled with a sadistic grin. "Blaise, it is time you prove yourself to me, and to the rest of the wizarding world."

Blaise looked back and forth from the Dark Lord to me. He obviously didn't know what to do. He didn't want to kill me, but yet, he didn't want to be killed himself. I began shaking slightly at the thought of death. I wasn't ready to die.

"I'm sorry, Draco," Blaise whispered. I could see tears forming in his eyes, despite his attempts to stay strong. The room was thick with anticipation. The tension; unbearable.

"Blaise, don't!" Marissa screamed. She was sobbing uncontrollably.

He turned to face her.

"Sweetheart, I have to. If I don't, the Dark Lord will kill me. Is that what you want?"

She shook her head rapidly.

"But do you really have to kill Draco?" she squeaked out, "Please, Blaise. Evelyn will never forgive you if you do this."

"I know," Blaise whispered. He turned toward me again. His eyes were black and cold. They had deep circles under them, making them appear hollow. "But it doesn't matter. Evelyn isn't my sister anyway," he said cruelly, before continuing.

"Because of your stupidity, Draco," he started, "I'm living your life. I'm being forced to be the heir to the Dark Lord. I'm forced to take Pansy as my Dark Queen. I can never be with Marissa, whom I love more than life. I understand your pain now. And I'm sorry."

He lifted up his wand and aimed it at me. His jaw clenched and his eyes shut tight.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

In a flash of green light, my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I always love the comments that follow this chapter...
So, what do you have to say?
XoXo Kate