Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Quidditch, Luncheon

We left for the Malfoy's private Quidditch Pitch after Draco had retrieved his broom from his room. It only took us a matter of minutes to fly down the hill to the pitch. The last thing I remember is giving Montague a kiss on the cheek and receiving bear hugs from Crabbe and Goyle. Then, my memory goes fuzzy and black.

"Hey, Evie! Yoo whoo! Anybody home in there?"

I gingerly opened my eyes, only to be greeted by Blaise's face hovering inches above mine. I had a searing headache and my back felt as if someone had beaten it with a series of bludgers. Slowly, I attempted to get up, only to be pushed back down by Draco.

"What happened?" I groaned, "I feel like I just got beaten up by a troll."

Draco laughed. "What's the last thing you remember, Evie?"

"Um...greeting Monty, Crabbe, and Goyle. After that it's all fuzzy," I sighed while rubbing my eyes.

Crabbe lifted me to my feet and let me lean on him for support. I looked around, squinting in the bright sunlight. We were still at the Quidditch Pitch. There was a blood stain where my head had been. I looked from guy to guy, and for some reason, Goyle wouldn't meet my gaze.

"Well Princess," Monty began, "It seems that while we were enjoying a lovely game of 3-on-3, Goyle here hit a bludger right at you. It smacked you in the face, knocking you off your broom. You landed flat on your back after a 50 ft drop. Lucky for you, I'm a skilled healer."

I looked at Goyle, dazed. He smiled sheepishly, and I realized he had a black eye. What was that all about?

"So," I started, "Anyone want to fill me in on the game? Who won?"

Draco smirked and stared at me as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"I caught the Snitch right as you fell. So my team won."

"Okay, and who was on who's team?"

They all looked at me like I had three heads.

"You're so adorable when you're delusional," Monty snickered, "It was me, Blaise, and Goyle against you, Draco, and Crabbe."

I let go of Crabbe and did a small victory dance. This only led the boys to stare at me like I was insane again.

"What? Draco said we won! I get a victory dance you losers!" I said while sticking my tongue out at Blaise and Monty. My victory dance had severe consequences though. I got dizzy and my head began spinning. Losing my footing, I began to fall over. Luckily, Draco caught me.

"Easy there Evie. You're still a little loony after that fall," he joked.

"Yeah obviously," I sighed, "Is it lunchtime yet?"

Blaise rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Good, I could eat a hippogriff! Draco bend down!" I commanded.

"What the bloody hell for?" he spat.

"I'm still a little loony after that fall," I mocked, "I want a piggy back ride up to the Manor!"

"No, I'm not your slave. You can walk, Zabini."

They all began walking towards the Manor. I crossed my arms and sat down on the ground. When they noticed I wasn't following, they turned around.

"Oh for Merlin's sake Evie get up!" Draco yelled.

I stayed put and made a pouty face. Draco looked at Blaise for help, who simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Ugh! Fine! Come on!" he hollered at me.

I smiled in satisfaction and ran over to Draco and jumped on his back.

"You owe me for this," he groaned. I just smirked and kissed his cheek before resting my head on his shoulder.

---

Draco carried me all the way up to my room, then set me down in front of my door.

"Mum said it's going to be a pretty big luncheon. The party guests who arrived early are going to be there. So if I were you I'd wear a sun dress or something respectable like that," Draco informed me.

"And what I'm wearing isn't respectable, Mr. Malfoy?" I joked.

He glanced at my grass stained jeans and dirt covered Kestrels jersey.

"I'll see you in a few minutes," he stated simply before turning and going into his room.

I sighed and followed suit. The house elves had unpacked all my things already. I ventured over to the walk in closet to choose a suitable dress for the luncheon. After a long internal debate, I decided on a pretty, yellow, eyelet dress with a v-neck and flowy skirt. I paired it with a pair of white heels and did my hair in a low, curly ponytail which i tied with a pink ribbon.

I went into the bathroom to clean up my face and reapply my makeup, only to see that Draco was already there washing his face. He was dressed in black dress pants with an emerald green, button up shirt.

"Sharing a bathroom with you is already a pain in the ass, Malfoy."

"Oh please, Evie, I'm just washing my face. Don't get your panties in a bunch."

I sneered at him and finished my makeup. When I was done, Draco spoke.

"Ready to be fed to the sharks?" he laughed.

"Oh Merlin, I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

He smirked and took my hand, leading my out of the bathroom, through his room, and down the hall.

---

When we got to the dining room, he squeezed my hand reassuringly, then let go. For some reason I felt a tinge of sadness as my hand grew cold without his clasping it. The feeling of sadness was only momentary however, for when we entered the dining room I saw my two best friends, well girl friends, in the world. Sophie and Marissa.

Sophie Avery was seated next to Theodore Nott and talking animatedly to him about the last Quidditch game between the Holyhead Harpies, her favorite team, and the Pride of Portree. Nott looked bored to tears, but nodded appropriately when she paused.

Sophie is about 5'4" and has bright reddish-orange hair. She's a major tomboy and loves all things Quidditch; not to mention a total flirt. She, like myself, is going into her 6th year at Hogwarts. Of course, she's a Slytherin and a Pureblood. In fact, she was named prefect last year along with Draco. Much to the dislike of Pansy Parkinson.

Marissa Dolohov was seated across from Sophie and in between her two younger brothers. As always, she was struggling to keep them from trashing the table. She kept taking sips of her tea in between smacking Todd and Alex on their hands and saying, "For the millionth time, no throwing the china!"

Marissa is 5'7" with dirty blonde hair. She is very sweet and kind, except to her annoying brothers. Most people wonder how she ever got into Slytherin. Well, until they hear her blood status of course. She's been dating Blaise for the past year, and at first I thought it was weird. I mean, my best friend and my brother? Though, after a while I got used to it and life went on as normal.

Sophie was the first to see me. She left Nott in the middle of a sentence about the Harpies' defense and ran over to me.

"Evie! I missed you so much!" she squealed while giving me a rib cracking hug.

"Ouch! Sophie. Sore back. Can't. Breath," I choked out.

Marissa looked up at the commotion Sophie had made and came to see me too.

"Hey girl! Long time, no see!" she said while pushing Sophie off of me. "Is Blaise around?"

"Hell, I don't know. I suppose he'll be down in a minute or two."

Marissa nodded. There was the distinct sound of a person clearing their throat. The three of us turned to see Narcissa standing at the head of the table.

"Now ladies, there will be plenty of time to catch up later. Evelyn, dear, why don't you come sit over here next to me?"

I nodded in understanding and sat down, far away from Sophie and Marissa, and next to Narcissa.

"Ah very good. Well, as you all know, the party will commence tonight right after dinner. Dinner will begin at 6:00 sharp. Before we eat we will make the announcement you've all been waiting for. So for now, please enjoy the luncheon."

With that, she snapped her fingers. Instantly, a horde of house elves brought in mounds of food. People began to eat, but I leaned in to whisper to Draco, who was sitting on my right.
"What announcement is your mum talking about?" I asked.

"You don't know?" he rolled his eyes, "The engagement."

"What?" I whispered.

However, before he could explain Narcissa jumped in to our conversation.

"So, Evelyn. I heard you had a nasty fall out on the Quidditch Pitch earlier. You know, young women should not..."

I tuned out her lecture and began to eat. Glancing over the table, I saw Goyle.

Why in Merlin's name does he have a black eye? And who's getting engaged?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?