Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Holiday Plans

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

It took all my strength to pry myself from Draco's arms at dawn. Not because he was squeezing me to death, just because I didn't want to leave. But I had to. Professor Snape had just made it very, very clear that Professor Dumbledore demanded my presence immediately.

Snape had agreed to wait for me in the common room while I changed into something more presentable. After I'd put on a fresh pair of jeans and layered two green and black long sleeve shirts, I went to meet him. We walked together in silence for a while.

"You know, Ms. Zabini, I don't really think it is wise for you and Mr. Malfoy to be sleeping together," he said coolly.

"But Sir, we didn't do anything. We just slept," I protested.

He stopped abruptly and grabbed my left forearm.

"Do you know of the consequences of your actions?" He asked angrily, whilst pulling up my left sleeve. The Dark Mark on my arm was gleaming a midnight black.

"He's watching you. He knows every move you make, Evelyn. If you care about Draco, or your self for that matter, you'll try to be more professional," he insisted.

I sighed and pulled my arm away.

"I'll work on it, Severus," I groaned, defeated. I knew he was right, I couldn't keep messing around. If we didn't get to work on this mission soon, the Dark Lord would find a way to kill Draco so that I could never bring him back.

"Good, I'm surprised you're being so agreeable," he paused as we reached the Headmaster's office to say the password, "And not a word of your mission to Dumbledore. As far as he is concerned, you are a low ranking Death Eater, nothing more. Not a weapon, not a necessity, not a surrogate for Potter's impending doom."

I shuddered at the thought of Christmas holiday. I was certain that it would be the worst holiday of my entire life. And there was no way to escape.

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Zabini," Dumbledore smiled warmly and gestured towards a seat in between Harry and Hermione. For once, Ron was not with them. That struck me as rather surprising, and rather wrong. I'd hardly ever seen the Golden Trio split up.

I kept my mouth shut.

"So, Ms. Zabini. I take it you were not able to escape the clutches of Lord Voldemort?"

I shook my head and stared down at my hands.

"Well, I know that you would be putting yourself in grave danger," he began, "But I hope dearly that you will stay a member of the Order? I have an assignment for you. However, if you choose not to complete it, I can find another candidate."

I stole a look at Snape. He gave me a pressuring glance. I took the obvious hint, trusting his silent advice.

"I can do it," I stated, "What do you need?"

"Very good. I need you to teach a few select members of Dumbledore's Army some real Defense Against the Dark Arts."

I looked over at Snape again. His face was stone still, as unwavering as ever.

"Not that what Professor Snape teaches isn't real, but I need you to teach them advanced things. Things that the other students aren't in need of studying."

"Why can't Professor Snape do it?" I asked. This was not going to be fun. I couldn't train Harry Potter to kill the Dark Lord.

"The students would be too intimidated by Severus. Besides, the DA has always been a student ran organization. And I think it has become most vital for you and Harry to bond a little, help each other out when it comes to Voldemort?"

He saw right through me. He knew exactly who my parents were, who my real brother was. He wanted me to tell Harry.

I wouldn't tell him, no matter what. Harry did not need this on his plate. It was bad enough for him to have to worry about Voldemort being after his life all the time. Let alone, the child I was about to conceive, which would be trained to thirst for his blood as well.

"So, shall lessons begin at the Burrow over Christmas holiday?" Dumbledore asked, an innocent, yet wicked gleam burning in his eyes. How much did this old man know?

"I can't-" I was going to protest. Snape cut me off.

"That will be great, Professor," he answered for me.

I felt myself getting a migraine. Some how, Severus was intruding upon my mind. I heard his voice clearly ring in my head.

"I've cleared it with the Dark Lord," he insisted. "You'll spend the first week at the Manor, and the second at the Burrow."

"Professor? Could I spend the first week or so of holiday with my family? I couldn't bear not to spend Christmas with them," I lied weakly. I would have given anything to be at the Burrow all holiday, to be safe all holiday.

"Of course, Ms. Zabini. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley will expect your arrival on January 1st."

I nodded in appreciation.

"That is all," he said, "Now go enjoy the rest of your day. I'll summon you again if any important news from the Order arises."

Harry and Hermione left quickly, Snape and I followed.

"Are you sure the Dark Lord is okay with this?" I asked him when the 2/3 of the Golden Trio was out of earshot.

"My dear, he is tickled pink at the idea."

I rolled my eyes. Lovely. At least maybe, just maybe, if I was on Voldemort's good side, he'd leave Draco alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, this chapter wasn't very exciting...
Thoughts? Comments?
XoXo Kate