Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Christmas Eve Ball

BLAISE'S P.O.V.

It had been a week, and was now Christmas Eve. I was worried sick. There was a party tonight, a big party. Every substantial pure blood in all of European society was coming. No one had seen Evelyn. We all assumed she would be in attendance, yet we had no proof. None of the adults would speak of her, and she never left the Red Room.

Evelyn needed me, and I knew it.

I tried to visit her numerous times. Especially, when the Dark Lord was away on business. I attempted everything I could think of to get in. However, the doors were heavily guarded by two very large Death Eaters. As stupid as they were, the refused to let me in. I explained that I was the Dark Lord's heir, I claimed to be on a mission, I even got down on my knees and begged. Nothing worked.

Draco was worse than me. He was impatient; needlessly cruel. He isolated himself from the rest of us. The only person he would speak to was Marissa, I don't know why. She would go into his room with food and force him to eat it. He'd speak to her briefly about his distress and anger, the horror he felt at night.

She told me about one of those conversations:

"Draco, what do you mean, horror? What's going on with you?" she asked one evening.

"The Red Room is right above my room," he whispered, "Every night I here Evelyn scream in fear, sob, plead with him. I have to hear him torture her every night."

"That's awful. Why every night?" Marissa pondered, more to herself than Draco.

"He wants to make sure to bring about Potter's downfall. He wants this mission to work."


Marissa wouldn't tell me anything else.

It was finally time for the party. As I knocked on Draco's door, I could hear the restless chattering of the guests downstairs.

Draco opened the door, looking exactly like normal. He looked arrogant and well dressed, as if he owned the world.

"You look normal, mate," I joked.

"I try. Let's get this over with," he groaned.

We walked three doors down to Marissa's room. She was already waiting for us outside her door. I held out an arm to escort her to the party. She graciously took it, then forced Draco to give her his arm as well. I imagine she didn't want him to feel like the third wheel. Her never ending compassion was astonishing.

We met up with Sophie, Montague, Crabbe, and Goyle at the doors to the large ballroom where the party was to be held.

"Are you guys excited?" Sophie asked, literally bouncing with jubilation.

"Yeah," Crabbe groaned, "So excited."

She stuck her tongue out at his sarcastic remark.

We entered the ball room as composed as possible. There was a stage set up with instruments, Lucius must have gotten a band after all. In each corner of the room was an extravagant Christmas tree, adorned with Slytherin themed decorations. There were bars set up against the wall on the left side, and a seating area with couches and a few large fireplaces on the right side. The middle was reserved for mingling and dancing.

I caught Draco glancing around the ballroom anxiously the moment we entered.

"Don't worry," I whispered over the top of Marissa's head, "She'll be here. The Dark Lord is going to be, surely he'll let her be free for one night."

"Right you are, dear brother," a chipper voice chimed behind me.

I turned to face Evelyn. She was in a gorgeous teal gown with her ebony hair curled delicately around her face.

She looked happy, she looked normal. Much like Draco did.

"You look beautiful," I said to her, giving her a tight hug. Marissa and Sophie followed suit. Monty kissed her cheek, Crabbe and Goyle did the same. Draco's reaction was quite different. He just stood there. Still and rigid, as if she were a mudblood, not worthy of his time.

"Hi, Drake," she said shyly.

He nodded in her general direction.

"Draco?" she asked, reaching out to touch his shoulder. He withdrew coldly.

"I can't talk to you right now, Evelyn," he stated.

She ignored him. Didn't cry, didn't scream, just acted as if he didn't exist.

"He, has a few announcements to make," she whispered to the seven of us.

"What about?" Marissa asked, her eyes full of curiosity.

Evelyn didn't have a chance to answer, for at that moment the Dark Lord apparated onto the stage with a pop.

"I'll see you guys in a minute," she whispered, and went to join his side with a final, pleading glance at Draco.

"Thank you all for coming," the Dark Lord boomed as Evelyn joined his side. "And thank you to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy for inviting us into their lavish Manor for the evening."

There was a polite applause.

"I have a few announcements to make. First, Blaise Zabini and Marissa Dolohov shall no longer be heir to the title of Dark Lord and Dark Queen."

I gasped, along with the rest of the room. Theirs were of shock, mine of relief.

"Secondly, the new Dark Lord will come to you all in nine months and begin his training as soon as is humanly possible."

Upon the words 'nine months' he rubbed Evelyn's stomach, almost affectionately. I saw Draco tense up severely when Voldemort touched Evie. I did too. Neither of us wanted him anywhere near her.

"Lastly," the Dark Lord continued, "My heir will be trained by none other than his god father, whom I let Evelyn, his mother, select. I must say, she does have some good judgment, for despite his reckless nature, he is a very skilled wizard. Yes, Draco Malfoy will be perfect for training my son."

Voldemort cast Draco a sharp look. One that clearly stated, "I win. But you will cooperate, and you will like it."

When the applause died down, Voldemort dismissed himself, wishing us all to have a delightful time. Evelyn rushed through the crowd of congratulations quickly, and came back to us.

"Draco? Can we please talk?" she begged.

He nodded and took her hand, pulling her swiftly from the ballroom.

Nobody saw them for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts, my wonderful readers?
XoXo Kate