Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Idiot Involvement

DRACO'S P.O.V.

"Morning, Evelyn," I said sleepily, rubbing my eyes. "Evie?"

I looked around my room, only to find myself alone. Again.

Why the fuck does she keep doing that?

I sighed and thought about last night. If nothing else, at least Voldemort was done with her. At least she wouldn't be subjected to that any longer.

I looked around and realized it was nearly one in the afternoon. No wonder she left me. She must have had something important to do. I smacked my forehead like a bloody idiot.

"It's Christmas," I whispered to myself, "Merlin how bloody thick am I?"

"Pretty damn thick they way I hear it," Evelyn's voice came from my doorway.

She was leaning against the frame and smirking at me.

"It's about time you woke up. I thought you'd died or something," she laughed.

"Oh ha ha, very funny, Evie," I said disgustedly. I was not a morning, well in this case afternoon, person.

"Come on, Draco. Everyone's downstairs waiting for you. Narcissa says we can't open presents until you come down. Sophie's having a fit."

"Okay, I'm coming," I groaned, as I began to get dressed. She sat down on one of my couches to wait for me.

When I was done getting dressed, I reached into the top drawer of my nightstand, where I had been keeping something very important. I picked it up, and sat down next to Evelyn on the couch.

I struggled to find words.

Since when do I lose my cool? I'm Draco fucking Malfoy!

Evelyn stared at me expectantly.

"Ready to go?" she asked, enthusiastically.

"Can I ask you something first?"

"Sure, what is it?" Evelyn replied happily.

"Why did you make me your son's godfather?"

"I just wanted him to have you in his life some how. Besides, I know you'll train him well and protect him," she answered, a look of seriousness overcoming her face.

I nodded in understanding, "I will, if that's what you really want."

"Of course, Draco. He's my son. It wouldn't be fair to him to be cruel. He didn't ask to be born."

I nodded again.

"Are you ready to go now?" she asked again, after a moment of silence.

"Actually, I wanted to give you my present first, before we go down there," I said.

"Okay," she replied warily.

I could see a mixture of apprehension and excitement on her face. She didn't know what to expect. I laughed.

"What?" she asked.

"You look so scared."

"Well, you're not doing anything. You're just like staring at me," she pointed out awkwardly.

"Okay, okay. Now don't think I'm cheap, you will give another present downstairs. But this one is different. So, I wanted to give it to you here."

"The infamous Draco Malfoy, cheap?" she joked.

I glared at her, clearly unamused.

"All right, let me have it," Evelyn giggled.

I took the box out of my pocket. Slowly, I opened the lid. She nearly fainted.

Inside was the stunning ring I had selected for her a few days ago. It was a deep, oval cut emerald with small diamonds surrounding the main gem.

"Draco, oh my god," she started, stuttering incoherently.

"Now don't get all girly on me, Evie," I said sternly. "I'm not proposing, it's just a promise ring."

I saw her instantly relax, or was that disappointment?

"This is just something to remind you that I love you, that I'd go to the ends of the earth to make you happy. Something to let you know that no matter what happens, no matter what obstacles Voldemort puts in our way, my heart is always yours."

Silent tears escaped her eyes as I slipped the ring on her right ring finger. She continued to stare down at it in astonishment, until I put my finger under her chin and directed her gaze to mine.

"Thank you so much," she whispered, stealing a glance at her finger, "I love it."

"I love you," I said, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I love you too," she whispered back when I pulled away.

"Evelyn, do you realize that's the first time we've said that without 'you bloody idiot' being involved?"

"Oh Merlin, Draco, you just ruined the moment," Evie joked.

"I love you," I said seriously. She looked somewhat surprised by the seriousness in my tone, but I knew her answer nonetheless.

"I love you too," she replied.

Her lips twisted into a flawless replica of my smirk.

"You bloody idiot," she finished.

I just laughed and kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long!
Comments?
XoXo Kate