Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Tossed Between Houses

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

I twirled my new ring around my finger as I waited impatiently. Lucius had insisted that the Malfoy's private chauffeur, Pierre, drive me to the Weasley's house. Supposedly, he didn't want his glorious fireplace connected to their "insignificant hole in the wall" through the Floo network.

As per Lucius' orders, I was dressed to impressed. I had on a lovely dress with a shawl over the top, and nice heels. My hair was curled and my make up was perfected. I don't know why he suddenly cared about my appearance, but I listened to him anyway.

For once, doing what Lucius told me was quite pleasant. If it were not for looking utterly gorgeous, I wouldn't have been 'worthy' of taking the Malfoy's town car. And if I hadn't taken this car, I wouldn't be sitting next to Draco right now.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked as we arrived.

"Anything, Love," he replied, whilst sweeping a curl behind my ear.

"Don't start anything today. Just walk me in, kiss me goodbye, and don't make any stupid comments."

Pierre and Draco both got out of the car. Pierre went to the trunk to get my bags, while Draco went around to open the door for me.

"I promise," Draco said, when I slid out of the vehicle.

Arthur and Molly Weasley were already on the porch. They looked worried about what sort of snobby, rich brat Dumbledore had stuck them with. Fred and George burst through the door next, they looked excited to see me. They'd liked me since my third year when I'd aided them in a prank on Filch. Ginny came out next, and I received a rather lovely glare from her. The Golden Trio and to my surprise, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, came out last.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked happy to see me. Neville seemed okay, but gave a look of shear terror when he saw Draco. And sweet Luna just stared dreamily as if she could see right through me.

Draco escorted me up their short walkway to the Weasley's porch, where they stood expectantly. Pierre followed us closely, setting my luggage down on the steps, then dismissed himself back to the car.

"Draco," Mr. Weasley greeted.

"Arthur," Draco replied formally with a nod of his head.

I felt like a little kid being tossed in between houses by divorced parents. It was awkward and quiet. I didn't want Draco to leave, but I couldn't stand this formal silence.

"I'll see you on the train, okay?" I asked him.

"Of course, Love. I'll save you a seat," he said and winked at me.

"Oh I'm so honored," I joked.

Draco smirked and kissed me sweetly one last time. After walking down the short walkway to the car, he spared one last glance at me before he was gone.

"Well, now that he's gone..." Fred said slyly and kissed my cheek.

"Good to see you too, Fred," I laughed, "Thank you so much for welcoming me into your lovely home, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. I promise to not be an inconvenience to you."

"Oh don't worry about it dear," Molly said, blushing at my manners, "You are more than welcome."

"C'mon, Evie," Ron said, "I'll take your bags up to the room you're staying in."

"Thanks, Ron," I smiled warmly at him.

"You'll be staying with Hermione in Percy's old room," George informed me.

"It'll be so fun, won't it, Evelyn? I've been stuck with all these boys for so long," Hermione gushed, "Ginny hasn't exactly been the best company," she whispered so that only I could hear.

"Why not?" I asked, mimicking her hushed tone.

"She's mad at me for not being totally against your visit here. She thinks you fancy Harry and want to steal him from her."

I burst into laughter. Yeah, I wanted to steal my brother from the Weasel brat. Sure.

"Trust me, Hermione. That is the last thing on my mind."

I wiggled the fingers on my right hand in front of her face. She grabbed it and stared in awe at my ring.

"Did Draco get you this?" she asked, astonished.

"Yes," I replied, just a hint of smugness in my voice.

"It's a bit much, don't you think?"

"Well, a little bit much, yeah. But it's Draco Malfoy. What can I do?"

She laughed and nodded. We were getting along well. Maybe Mudbloods weren't so bad after all...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this was pathetically short, but the next one shall be longer.
AND...this story has reached the six star mark! Thank you all so much!
Comments?
XoXo Kate