Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Hospital Stay

DRACO'S P.O.V.

"What did you filthy people do to her?!" I hollered as I stormed into the drab room.

I'd received an owl saying that Evelyn had been rushed to St. Mungo's by Mr. Weasley.
The room, like I said, was horribly drab. All white and plain, depressing to say the very least. Yet it was packed full with Potter's gang, the Weasel family, Dumbledore, and an assortment of Order members. Not to mention, my cousin (who was violently trimmed off the family tree) Nymphadora Tonks.

Evelyn lie in the hospital bed, stone still. I rushed over to her and lent over the bed. I pushed her bangs out of her eyes and rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

"Evelyn, love?" I whispered.

"Draco?" she asked, voice cracking, eyes barely opening.

"Yes, baby, it's me. Are you all right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but my head hurts, and I feel sick."

"Have they given her any potions?" I demanded of Potter fiercely. He was sitting on Evelyn's other side, holding her hand. He must know of their relationship.

"Why would you ask me?"

"You are her brother, you dolt! Did they give her any potions?" I demanded again.

Potter shook his head and stroked Evelyn's left arm where her Dark Mark was located.

"Did someone at least send an owl to Blaise?" I asked.

Harry shook his head again. What was it with these bloody people? I knew they were inferior but, sheesh, how thick could you get?

"Well, could someone please do that?" I more ordered than asked.

Granger obliged, surprisingly cooperative and scribbled a note to Blaise, then rushed out to the hospital's owlry.

"Okay, so why exactly have you not given her potions to heal her again?"

"Drake, I'm fine, really," Evelyn argued weakly, squinting in the bright light of the room.

"No, you're not. You're being the stubborn Pureblood you were raised to be. You are not fine, Evelyn."

"Mr. Malfoy?" a voice asked behind me.

I whipped my head around to see a healer entering the room. She was a plump, middle aged witch, with kind eyes. I, however, had no intention of kindness.

"What is the problem here?" I demanded, "Can't you bloody idiots do anything to fix her headache?"

"No, Mr. Malfoy, we can't. In fact, women who are pregnant can not take any potions. It would injure the baby severely, perhaps cause premature labor."

I lent down to whisper in Evelyn's ear.

"You don't really want, this baby do you? I mean seriously, Evelyn. You can marry him instead, get this filth out of you," I whispered, trying to persuade her; cleanse her of Voldemort's imprint in her life.

"No, Draco. I can't, I won't," she insisted.

"Evelyn, love. Wouldn't it be better that way?"

"No it wouldn't. I'm having this baby and that is final, Draco."

She wouldn't budge. The healer seemed smugly satisfied and did the best she could to comfort Evelyn. She burned healing incents and brought us a cold washcloth to place on her forehead to help the migraine.

After what seemed like hours of agony, Evelyn was finally able to drift off to sleep.

"What happened to her?" I asked Harry, when everyone else had fallen asleep as well.

"She told us everything. All about her mission for Voldemort, her son, how she's my sister. Then Lupin told her that her mum is still alive. She had some sort of seizure from the shock. The healer said it was from all the stress, panic, and physical weakness on her body from being pregnant at such an early age. She said that Evie's body had been through too much at once."

I winced at the resurfacing memories of Evelyn's torture. I knew this was all to much for her to take. Wait her mum is alive? Bloody liar...

"She asked if Evelyn had been raped and tortured repeatedly," Harry whispered.

"You didn't tell her did you? The Dark Lord would kill her, kill all of us..."

Harry interrupted my panic.

"No. We said she was injured in a Quidditch accident and that you are the father."

"Oh," I whispered, calming down quickly, "That's probably good then. So her mum is alive?"

"Yeah, apparently Lupin still speaks to her on occasion. Didn't you know that?"

"No," I answered, "I thought she was dead, just like everyone else in the world."

We sat in silence for a few moments, both of us lost in our own thoughts. After a while, we began to hear a commotion in the hallway.

The door burst open to reveal Blaise, Sophie, Marissa, Monty, Crabbe, Goyle, Evelyn's parents, and mine.

"Evie!" Blaise screamed when he saw her.

The other people in the room were startled awake, including Evelyn. She screamed and grabbed her stomach in pain.

"Bloody hell!" Ron yelled.

After a rushed visit from the healer, and a few non baby-harming remedies, Evelyn calmed down.

"How are you Princess?" Monty asked.

She laughed dryly, "How the hell do you think I am?"

He smiled. Blaise and Monty had to hold Sophie and Marissa back so they wouldn't smother Evelyn with hugs.

"I hate to be a bother," the healer chimed in, disrupting our small talk a few hours later. "But visiting hours are long past over. Only Evelyn's closest relatives may stay at this point. I must ask the rest of you to go home, or stay in our sleeping facility here."

"I'm her brother," Blaise spoke up immediately.

"Me too," Harry added.

"Very well, you two may stay. Anyone else?"

"We're her parents," Steven said for Rebecca and himself.

"Draco, I don't want them here," Evelyn whispered to me.

"Why not, love?"

"They let him do this to me. They're proud of it."

"They are not her parent's by birth," I insisted. "Evelyn does not wish for them to stay."

Steven and Rebecca looked disgustedly at their adopted daughter. The healer glanced at Evie, who nodded.

"Okay, so you will leave. Any other relatives staying?"

No one said anything.

"Very well, all of you out but the two boys! Out, out, OUT!" she ushered everyone hurriedly out the room as they said their goodbyes.

Evelyn clutched my hand tightly.

"Don't leave me," she whispered.

"I have to. Don't worry, I'm staying here over night. If you need me send, Blaise or Harry."

"Out, Mr. Malfoy," the healer demanded.

"Wait!" Evelyn shouted hoarsely.

"Yes, Ms. Zabini?" she asked.

"Do we have to be blood related?" Evelyn inquired, fiddling with her hands.

"Yes, unless you have an extremely close relationship," the healer answered.

"Didn't they tell you?" she said innocently, holding up her left hand, "Draco and I are engaged."

"Oh, well then you may stay, Mr. Malfoy," she said then left the room briskly.

"You aren't really, are you?" Blaise asked.

"Hell no," she whispered switching her ring back to her right hand, "I just wanted Drake to stay."

He looked relieved and I sat down next to him on Evie's right side.

"Get some sleep," Harry said, taking her hand again.

"We'll be right here all night if you need anything," Blaise assured her, kissing her cheek. She nodded.

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Goodnight, love," I whispered, taking her other hand while Blaise stroked her arm.

"I love you. All three of you," she whispered, as she drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to update!
Let me know what you think!
XoXo Kate