Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Allies

DRACO'S P.O.V.

Blaise, Harry, and I made small talk throughout the night. All of us were completely incapable of slumber. Evelyn, on the other hand, slept peacefully, never once stirring.

"How could this have happened?" I groaned.

"Isn't that rather obvious?" Harry asked.

"Potter, I'm trying my hardest to be nice to you. Please don't push me right now."

Harry shut up.

"What do you mean, Draco?" Blaise asked, trying to calm me down.

"You know that locket I gave Evelyn that kept her from being hurt the day you killed me?"

Harry's eyes widened in shock.

"Blaise killed you? What?"

We filled him in as quickly as possible.

"Oh right," Harry said, "That time you and Evelyn were on the run a few months ago."

"Right, well anyway, I gave her a locket that prevented anyone who means her harm from touching or casting magic on her. So, I don't know how Voldemort could have touched her."

"She wasn't wearing it," Blaise said.

"What?!" I yelled, "Why not? She knew what was going to happen!"

Evelyn stirred at the noise from my voice. We all stayed quiet until she settled again.

"Dad made her take it off, at King's Cross," Blaise explained, "He told her to get rid of it, or he would kill me. So she did. I don't know what she did with it. She left for a few minutes, then came back. The locket was gone."

"Bloody hell," I whispered, "Shit."

"Guys? How does this locket work?"

"Whoever wears it is protected completely from anyone who wishes them harm," I explained, "The wearer and the people they love most in the world are the only ones that can take it on or off."

"What's it look like?" Harry asked.

"It's a shaped like a silver heart on a long, silver chain. It has an emerald gem in the shape of an M on the front. Why?"

Harry pulled something out from under his shirt. The locket.

"She gave it to me at King's Cross," he whispered, placing it around Evelyn's neck where it truly belonged.

FLASHBACK

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I was just about to be swept away to my safe haven, the Burrow, when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Evelyn Zabini running towards me.

"Harry? Can I talk to you for a second?" she asked.

She looked rather startled, so I obliged. I sent Ron and Hermione ahead, saying that I would catch up with them in a minute.

"What's up, Evelyn?"

"I need you to do me a very important favor, it involves the Order and the Dark Lord," she whispered.

"Anything you need," I replied quickly.

She reached inside her robe and pulled out a lavish silver locket.

"This is very special to me. I have to get rid of it or the Dark Lord is going to kill Blaise. Can you keep it for me for a while?"

"Sure," I said, as she placed the locket in my hand.

"If anything happens to me over holiday, give it to Draco. He'll know what to do with it," she informed me.

I nodded, before asking, "What could happen to you over holiday?"

"I'll tell you everything at the Burrow, you can give me the locket back then, okay?"

I nodded yet again. I saw a tall wizard searching for her and calling her name.

"I have to go," she sighed, "Happy Christmas, Harry."

"Happy Christmas, Evie," I wished her as she ran back to the man.

I placed the locket around my neck, concealing it from view under my hoodie.


DRACO'S P.O.V.

"Thank you so much for trusting her and doing that Harry," I said, only slightly cringing at using his actual name.

"No problem," he replied, "I'm just glad I finally know the mystery of the locket."

Blaise chuckled, "Yeah, well, I'm going to go to the cafeteria to get a midnight snack. You guys want anything?"

"Just a cup of tea," Harry requested.

"Butterbeer," I stated.

"Right, be back in a few then. Don't kill each other."

I smirked, "No promises, mate."

After a few minutes of silence and Harry shuffling uncomfortably, his eyes turned to look at me. I stroked Evelyn's hair, not paying him any mind.

"Draco?" he asked.

"Yes? I replied, looking up at him finally.

"When Evelyn was explaining about her mission as a Death Eater, she mentioned that you had one too. What is it?"

I sighed, despite knowing that this topic was inevitable.

"I was waiting for you to ask me that, you've seemed suspicious of me all year," I said, Potter grinned guiltily, "I honestly wish I could tell you, Harry. But I can't bear to put anyone I love in danger. Just know this, I don't want to do it. I'm being forced, and if I don't do it, everyone I love dies."

"Even Evelyn?" he asked, fear in his eyes.

"In nine months, he won't hesitate to kill her. This kid is the only thing keeping her alive as it is."

Harry nodded in understanding.

"I don't want anything to happen to her, Draco. I've only known she's my sister for one day, but I already care about her so much."

"I know. I want her to be safe too."

"Maybe," Harry mused, "In that one particular area, we could be allies."

I smirked, "All right, Potter. You've got yourself a deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another relatively boring chapter, but it needed to be done.
The next one is better. :)
Comments?
XoXo Kate