Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

The Engagement

I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around the sauna and pool with Sophie and Marissa. We'd only been apart for a month but it felt like ages. Marissa filled us in on her trip to Japan and Sophie gushed about meeting some hot Keeper for some team or other. I didn't have much to tell, seeing as how I'd spent the last month locked up in a town house with Blaise. Though Marissa insisted she would have traded me places any day. I rolled my eyes, of course she would. She loves Blaise.

Around 5:30 we went our separate ways. I went to my room and put on the dress Narcissa had given me. I curled my hair and slipped on a pair of silver stilettos. After a quite violent fight with my mascara (which I just barely won) I decided I was presentable.

I left my room and ran into Goyle at the top of the first staircase I had to go down.

"Care to escort me to dinner?" I laughed. He nodded and held out his arm for me to take.

We walked in silence for about a minute before I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"What happened to your eye?" I asked innocently.

"Oh, it was nothing," he said simply.

"Come on, Goyle. Nothing doesn't cause people's eyes to go black and swell up."

"Well," he stuttered, "If you must know, Draco punched me."

I stopped walking in shock and looked at him in disbelief.

"Why in the world would he do that?" I asked in my astonishment.

"He was a little angry after I hit you with the bludger," he replied while pulling me along again.

"Okay, but why would he hit you? It's not like you did it on purpose."

"Beats me," he sighed.

When we got down the last flight of stairs, we ran into Draco. He was in an all black tux and pacing the floor nervously. I'd never seen him loose his composure this much. He had beads of sweat trickling down his face and his jaw was clenched tight. When he saw us, he gaped at my appearance for a brief second, before looking slightly relieved.

"Hey Evie? Can I have a word with you?" he asked.

Before I could answer he grabbed my arm, leaving Goyle standing there dumbfounded. Draco pulled me in to the nearest sitting room. It was, of course, decorated in the Slytherin House colors with a grand fireplace and leather couch.

He locked the door behind us and led me over to the couch. I sat down, unsure of what was going on. Draco sat next to me and rested his head in his hands. He was starting to scare me. After a moment of silence, he looked up at me. Before I could question him, he put his hand on my cheek and placed a tender kiss on my lips. I kissed him back for a moment before he pulled away. I sat there stunned, wondering what in the world was going on.

"Evie," he began, "I need to tell you something before we go to dinner and you hear the announcement."

I nodded. He took my hands in his and looked straight into my swampy green eyes.

"I'm not happy about the announcement. I really, really hate it to tell you the truth. And before you hear it, I need to confess something," he paused and took a deep breath. "Everything you're about to hear at dinner isn't what I want. I love you, Evie. I always have and always will. And I'm sorry, so, so sorry that I couldn't stop this."

It was a lot to take in. I sat there, letting his words wash over me for what seemed like hours. The only emotion I could detect from him was the fear in his icy blue eyes.

"Draco, I-" I couldn't find the words.

"Evie, do you love me? I need to know. Please," he whispered. This was scaring me. We had both always known we loved each other, but we never actually said it. This couldn't be good.

"Yes," I replied whilst taking a deep breath, "Yes, I love you, Draco Malfoy."

He kissed me once more. When he pulled away, I noticed he was crying.

"Draco? What's going on? Please tell me what's happening."

"You'll find out soon enough," he sighed. He then got up from the couch and held out his hand for me. I took it, wondering what in the world was happening. Draco led me out of the sitting room and to the dining room. Before he opened the doors, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me yet another soft kiss.

"Remember," he whispered, "Everything you're about to hear has been forced upon me."

I nodded, still wildly confused. He released me, and we headed into the dining room

The Dark Lord himself was seated at the head of the table. My parents and Blaise were on his left, Draco's parents were on his right. I went and sat in the empty seat in between my mum and Blaise, while Draco sat across from me. I looked down the table and smiled at Sophie, who was helping Marissa control Todd and Alex. She smiled back and Monty waved at me from the seat next to her. I gave him a small wave back.

The Dark Lord rose and immediately the room went silent.

"My loyal and dear friends," he began, "We have gathered today to celebrate a joyous occasion. Draco Malfoy has joined the elite rank of the Death Eaters."

There was a thunderous applause. I clapped back weakly and stared at Draco who mouthed, "I'm sorry" to me. Voldemort raised his hand and the clapping died down.

"Yes, we are all very proud of young Mr. Malfoy. However, there is more news still. As you know, I am no longer a young wizard. Therefore, I am in need of a successor. I have selected Draco to become my heir."

Yet another round of applause, and more "I'm sorrys" from Draco to me.

"The last bit of news I have is of the engagement you've all been wondering about. Draco, unlike myself, is able to love. So, I decided it would be fit for him to have a Dark Queen who shall share in his powers and rule along side him. After much deliberation between Lucius, Draco, and myself we have found him a marvelous fiancee. I am most pleased to announce the engagement of Draconium Lucius Malfoy to Pansy Rochelle Parkinson."

Draco and Pansy got to their feet and acknowledged the most recent round of applause. After a moment, the clapping died down and Pansy and Draco retook their seats.

"Now let the feast begin!" Voldemort chimed.

The food was brought out and the petty small talk began. I ate slowly, lost in thought. Unfortunately, Pansy saw fit to break my daydreams.

"So Evelyn," she started, in her raspy voice, "Drakie and I were thinking, and since you're kind of close to him and my best friend, I would like you to be my maid of honor."

I nearly choked on my caviar at that statement. However, I recovered gracefully and smiled.

"Oh Pansy, I couldn't possibly," I began, but she cut me off.

"Nonsense! I would be honored. We are best friends, after all. What do you say?"

Like the well brought up, Pureblood girl I was, I smiled and nodded. Inside, I was screaming Avada Kedavra at the top of my lungs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who have subscribed!
Comments?
XoXo Kate