Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

The Second Prophecy

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

I had to spend the next few days in the hospital. When I was finally released, there was only one day left of holiday.

I walked out into the bright street. After being cooped up in St. Mungo's, the uncensored daylight was blinding. I squinted. The street was lined with six town cars.

"It was sure nice of Lucius to give us transportation home, wasn't it?" Arthur said happily.

"Oh yes," Molly agreed, "These are rather grand, aren't they?"

"So, Evie," Blaise began, "What do you want to do on our last day of freedom?"

Everyone was crowded around me, staring with expectant eyes. I usually liked being the center of attention, but this was just smothering.

"Well, Harry and I were talking about that, actually. And we kind of want to go see my mother, Remus. If that would be okay?" I asked the werewolf.

He looked hesitant, as if I'd just asked him to transform right there in front of all the muggles.

"Come on, Lupin," Harry encouraged, "What harm could it do?"

Remus sighed, "Okay, fine. But you know that this could have dire consequences for you, concerning You-know-Who," he warned me.

"He can't do anything to me yet," I stated confidently.

"Yet, being the keyword there, love," Draco said. He wrapped his arms around me protectively. He didn't want to lose sight of me, even for only a few hours.

"We'll cross that bridge after I give birth," I said, "I'm going to see my mother and that's final."

Draco and Lupin sighed in defeat at my stubborness.

"All right," Lupin groaned, "But just you, me, and Harry."

Harry and I nodded in agreement. I kissed Draco goodbye, then grabbed on to Lupin's arm to apparate.

[i["I wonder what she's like," I thought, contemplating dozens of possible personalities for my mother.

As the pressure of apparating disappeared, I heard a scream.

"Get away from me!" A woman's shrill voice hollered.

"Relax, Delilah," Lupin said calmly, dodging a teapot. It shattered against the wall with a loud clang.

"It's just me, Remus. I've brought a few visitors for you, too."

I looked around the cluttered apartment. There wasn't much to be seen. Just a couch that folded into a bed, a muggle television thingy, a table to dine at, and a small kitchen area for cooking. There were two doors. I assumed one led to the bathroom and the other to the outside world.

The place was trashed. Random clothes and other items were scattered on the floor carelessly. The kitchen had stale food stacked on the counters. I didn't even dare try to look in the bathroom.

I heard a shuffling noise behind the kitchen counter and glanced at Harry nervously. Obviously, my mum was a few eggs short of a dozen, if you know what I mean.

A woman's head timidly rose from above the counter. She had jet black hair, much like Harry's and mine. Her eyes were a deep green, exactly like my own. Though hers looked tired and anxious from living in constant fear for so long. Deep wrinkles had already began to line her eyes and face. She had fair skin and full lips. All in all, I imagined that I was the spitting image of her youth.

Delilah looked around the room anxiously, when her eyes landed on me, she gasped. Quickly, she rose from the counter and crossed the room to where I was standing.

"Is this who I think it is, Remus?" she inquired, her voice deeper and more relaxed now.

"Yes, Delilah. This is Evelyn, your daughter."

She hugged me, tears pouring from her eyes.

"My dear girl! I thought I'd never see you again!"

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mum," I whispered.

"I bet you have a lot of questions to ask me," she smiled warmly while looking me over again.

"Yes, I do. I would actually like to know the real story of how I was 'adopted' by the Zabinis. You-Know-Who told me one version, but he said you were dead. So, I've come for the truth, and whatever guidance you can offer me."

She nodded, seemingly more sane now.

"Right, honey. Well here, let's sit down and you tell me everything Voldemort told you. Then, I'll tell you what the true story is."

I was shocked that she had said Voldemort's name. I wasn't scared of it or anything; however, she just didn't seem like the kind of witch that would utter such a horrid thing. She must be braver, or perhaps more sane, than I originally gave her credit for.

I told her my whole story. The missions, the Red Room, my adoption, how I thought she was dead, and I even managed to gush to her about my amazing boyfriend. She was very excited to hear about Draco. I think he was her favorite part of my life monologue.

"Well, I'm going to tell you what really happened now," she stated when I finished, "Don't interrupt me until I'm completely finished, okay?"

Harry and I nodded in unison.

"I was a Death Eater. One very close to the Dark Lord. However, I loved a man in the Order, your father, James Potter. We kept our relationship a secret for as long as possible, but eventually Voldemort found out. Coincidentally, Lily and I had both just become pregnant with the two of you. When Voldemort found out, he was outraged. He called me in to the Red Room where he always killed those who betrayed him.

"He didn't want to kill me, for I was very useful to him. You see, I'm a Seer. I delivered to him the Second Prophecy when I came into the room, much like Sybil Trelawney gave Dumbledore the First Prophecy years before. This useful information saved my life, saved your life. Instead of killing me, he just tortured me, hence the blood on the walls you saw.

"He kept me prisoner there until I had you. Then, he gave you to his two most faithful Death Eaters, Steven and Rebecca Zabini. For they had just had a son, Blaise, and could pass you two off as twins. After he took you from me, he sent me away. He told me that he would show me mercy because of my Sight. He said as long as I never spoke to you, never shared the truth with you, I would live."

"Wow," I said, "I don't know what to say."

"There's one last part I need to tell you. You're not going to like it," she said cautiously.

I braced myself, "Tell me," I replied.

"I made up the Second Prophecy to save your life," she whispered, "I knew Voldemort would keep you around to marry, but I hoped you would get away. I never imagined he'd force you to have his child."

"So she's having this baby for nothing?" Harry screamed, standing up and clenching his fists in rage.

"Yes, Harry. I'm so sorry I brought this upon you, Evelyn," Delilah whispered, tears escaping her eyes.

"Harry, calm down," I ordered.

"No, Evelyn! You went through all of that for nothing!" he became thoughtful for a second. His eyes lit up.

"This is great!" Harry exclaimed, "Now you don't have to have this baby! You can do like Draco said, get this filth out of you once and for all!"

"No, Harry, I can't. I won't."

"Why not? It would be for the best. Voldemort doesn't really want this kid anyway," he said, trying to persuade me.

"It doesn't really matter what the Dark Lord wants," I whispered.

"What are you talking about, Evelyn?" Lupin asked. He had remained quiet for the entire visit, and I was almost shocked to here him speak.

I took a deep breath, before divulging the only card I had to play at this point.

"The baby isn't the Dark Lord's. It's Draco's."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm sure you all saw that one coming...
But regardless, let me know what you think!
XoXo Kate