Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Train Ride

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

I clamped my hand over my mouth. I hadn't exactly meant to spill that to the world just yet.

"How do you know?" Harry asked.

"Well...uh..." I blushed, "Long story short, I knew I was pregnant before I left Hogwarts for holiday."

"How would you know something like that?" Harry demanded.

"Merlin, Harry, I'm not giving you a bloody anatomy lesson! Have Hermione explain all that to you later if you don't get it!" I yelled.

He quieted down.

"So this is why you wouldn't let Draco persuade you to take any potions?" Lupin asked, "You didn't want to hurt his kid?"

I nodded. It honestly did feel good to get this all off my chest. But I knew that I had screwed up royally.

"You guys can't tell anyone," I stuttered desperately, "Not even Draco. I shouldn't have let this slip. It just came out. If the Dark Lord knew, Draco, our son, and I would all be dead. The Dark Lord thinking this kid is his is the only thing keeping the three of us alive."

They all three swore not to tell anyone.

"And what are you planning on doing when the kid is born too early?" Lupin asked.

"He'll only be a few weeks premature, so it won't look that bad," I reasoned.

"Why do you keep saying 'he'?" Harry asked.

"I just know it's a boy," I stated.

"And how can you be so sure of that?" he asked.

"You just got a feeling, didn't you Sweetie?" my mum asked me.

I nodded. She hugged me tightly.

"I knew I would pass the Sight on to you. Sometimes it isn't visions, sometimes you just know things as facts, like with this. I'm so proud."

I smiled. We stayed and had tea and small talk for a while longer. It was nice to catch up. When it was time to go, she gave me a hug and I promised to owl her as often as I could.

---

We were squashed in our compartment on the train, just like always. Blaise with Marissa on his lap, Sophie asleep with her head on Monty's shoulder, Crabbe and Goyle taking up a ton of space, and Draco and I sitting across from one another. We were both awake, but stayed silent for the majority of the trip. We didn't want to wake everyone else up.

I stared out the window and just watched the trees flash by. It wouldn't be long now. Once the forest subsided, we'd be less than an hour away from King's Cross station.

"Evelyn? You've been really quiet. Is everything okay?" Draco asked me.

"Well," I almost told him. Almost, but couldn't. "Yeah, just thinking."

"What about?"

"The Vanishing Cabinet and how I can't wait to kick the crap out of it."

He laughed, "Bella told me how to fix it. It'll take me a few months to get all the kinks worked out. But I should be done by late May."

I nodded and sighed. I'd be five months pregnant in May. What would everyone at school think when my stomach began to swell? Hopefully, I could conceal it under my robes rather well. For once, I appreciated their bulk.

"What's going to happen afterwards, Draco? After you kill Dumbledore?"

"I'll have to flee the grounds with Severus and everyone else. You should be safe to stay, as no one will suspect you. Then, Rebecca and Steven will pull you from school the second they hear of the killing. A lot of kids will probably be sent home and Hogwarts shut down temporarily."

"Will I see you after wards? When I'm pulled from school?" I asked, carefully.

"Of course you will, I'll be hiding out at the Manor like the Dark Lord has been doing."

I nodded. I didn't really like that plan, not at all. Yet, it seemed logical enough. I probably would have appreciated the logic of it more if I was in Ravenclaw. But I'm not, and my intuitive Slytherin self didn't approve. There had to be something Draco wasn't clueing me in on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the boring-ness.
But in other news, this story has hit seven stars! Thank you all so much!
XoXo Kate