Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

One Thousand Points

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

"I...um...I," I began to stutter incoherently.

This was the last thing I was expecting. Where did this come from? It had to be the most irresponsible, illogical thing to do at this point. Seriously, what the hell?

"Let me try again," Draco suggested.

He got down on one knee and took my hand in his.

"Evelyn Delilah Zabini, from the moment I saw you, I've wanted nothing more than to spend an eternity by your side. I love you more than I ever thought humanly possible. Nothing would make me happier than spending my entire life with you. I don't care what Voldemort wants, I don't care what plans he has for us. The only thing I care about is you. Everything I said when I gave you that promise ring was true and sincere, but I've decided that's not enough. I need you, Evelyn. I can't spend one more day living with these secrets. Would you please, even though I'm not worthy, do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

My eyes were so full of tears, I couldn't even see Draco at this point. However, I managed to nod and choke out my answer.

"Yes," I whispered.

I realized that it was idiotic, and I knew that it was the worst possible move I could make, but I didn't care. This was what I wanted, and for once, I was going to have it.

He slipped the ring on my finger and then stood up. He took my face in his hands and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. When my vision had cleared I saw it.

Draco was smiling. Really smiling. I'd never seen a more beautiful sight in my whole life.

"Is this why your dad suddenly wanted me up to the Malfoy standard at the end of holiday?" I asked.

He laughed, "Yeah. He didn't approve of my decision, but he realized he couldn't stop me and promised not to tell the Dark Lord for the time being."

"Good. You know, I think I can deal with being up to the Malfoy standards if it means I get you," I joked.

"You better," Draco stated.

Then he kissed me. I'd never experienced such a kiss before. It wasn't sweet like he usually was, this one was different. It was rough and passionate, filled with victory and desire. I knew in that instant, that I should tell him about his son. Yes, I should. A good fiancee wouldn't keep such secrets. But I kept my mouth locked with his and didn't utter a word of my pregnancy the entire night.

---

I walked in to Double Potions on Tuesday hand in hand with Draco. We sat together, like normal. However, Snape, along with the rest of the class noticed a change.

"What are you two up to?" Snape asked coldly, eyeing us suspiciously.

Draco took my left hand and showed off the gigantic diamond on my finger. Immediately, the classroom erupted into a multitude of whispers.

I heard the Slytherins voice their approval with statements like, "It's about bloody time."

While the Gryffindors uttered notes of despise, "Merlin, I can hear it now. One million points to Slytherin for such a fabulous coupling!"

Snape silenced the class with a harsh whistle. His lips were pursed and his eyes cruel and black.

"One thousand points from Slytherin, Mr. Malfoy!" he hollered, his cold voice echoing off the stone dungeon walls, "For serious lack of judgment, excessive gloating, and an obvious death wish!"

Draco quickly released my hand, face flushed red with anger. The Gryffindors whooped and whistled in satisfaction.

Snape had never taken points from Slytherin before, especially not from Draco.

"And tonight," he continued after the Gryffindors calmed down, "You, Ms. Zabini, will spend a three hour detention with me so that we can discuss your morals, shallow nature, and irrational tendency to put yourself in grave danger."

His gaze pierced through me like daggers, and I felt my blood run cold. I'd never seen him so livid before. It scared the shit out of me. Now I know what it feels like to be Neville Longbottom.
♠ ♠ ♠
First, eight stars! Thank you all so much! (Even you 'silent' ones who subscribe but don't comment. lol)
Second, a chapter that's a bit more exciting, eh?
Third, we're nearing closer and closer to the end! I'm so excited!
Comments?
XoXo Kate