Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Emergency

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

You would not believe how fat one person could get in three months. Well I, being the pregnant obsessive eater that I was, had gotten enormous. Okay, to any other person I was just kind of chubby. Really, it was all in my stomach. It was starting to get a rather noticeable swell on it, as if someone stuck a bowl over my midsection and taped it in place.

I could feel the baby move around from time to time. It was positively the weirdest sensation in the world. I felt like there was a rock stuck under my belly button that occasionally shifted and rolled inside of me. It was very peculiar.

My mission for the Order was going excellent. Dumbledore's Army was full of wonderfully bright and extremely nice people. When I was with them, I forgot that I was supposed to be one of the bad guys. I forgot about all the drama in my life. It was so great while it lasted.

The hardest part of the past three months had been avoiding Draco. I wanted to be around him so badly, yet I knew that if I was, I'd be lured back into his arms. And don't get me wrong, I longed to be in his arms. All I wanted in the world was Draco, and he was the one thing that I couldn't have.

Marissa and Sophie kept me good company. We'd have plenty of girl talk and slumber party type nights where they would keep me entertained. I put on a good show for them. As long as they were awake, I acted happy and sweet and glowed the way expecting mothers are supposed to. The second they fell asleep, I fell apart.

I still hadn't told anyone that my baby was really Draco's. So as far as I knew, the only one at Hogwarts that knew was Harry. Unless he told Ron and Hermione, and in that case it didn't really matter, because I trusted them to keep my secret.

I reported to the Manor, as per expectation of the Dark Lord, for regular check-ups. He would have a 'family doctor' come once a month. The doctor would check my vitals, make sure the baby was okay, and give me advice on anything I wasn't perfecting. Voldemort made damn sure I followed that advice too. It was almost as if he cared for the well being of his son.

I highly doubt that.

In the end, I put on a good show and never made a fuss. I missed Draco insanely, but what could I do? This would be better for both of us in the long run, right?

---

I was laying on one of the couches in the common room, as I did most Wednesday nights. I had a large vampire novel in my hands, intent on letting it consume me whole. Books had become my only comfort. They were only way I could escape the harsh reality that I was recently subjected to living in.

I was nearly halfway done when Theodore Nott, a fellow Slytherin, so rudely interrupted me.

"Professor Snape wants to see you," he stated quietly.

Theodore was nice enough, well as nice as any Slytherin can be. He was from a Death Eater family like my own. However, he chose not to socialize and take place in the petty, shallow aspects of Pureblood society. I'd always admired him for that.

"He wants to see me now?" I whined, stealing a glance at the clock. It read half past midnight.

"He's in the hospital wing," Theodore went on, ignoring my complaint. "He said it's urgent, something about Draco..."

I didn't wait for him to finish. I threw my book down and rushed out of the door.

The hospital wing had never seemed so far away. By the time I got there, my once perfectly sculpted Quidditch body, was aching, each fat cell screaming in protest.

"Bloody hell," I whispered when I saw Draco.

The exclamation seemed to fit the scene well enough. Draco's clothes were covered in blood, along with the hospital bed he now occupied. Madam Pompfrey was fussing over him, muttering about some evil spell or other. Professor Snape was standing at the end of his bed looking uneasy.

"Is he going to be all right?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, yes, he'll be fine," Severus answered.

"We'll give you two some privacy," Madam Pompfrey whispered.

With that, she and Snape hurried out of the room. This left Draco and I alone together, for the first time in three months.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one parallels nicely with the previous chapter, so I felt like posting it right away. The nine stars also made me want to post it faster. :)
Four chapters left of this bad boy! I can't wait!
Comments?
XoXo Kate