Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Fingers Crossed

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

I sat down in the rigid chair next to Draco's bed and took his hand in my own. For once, I wasn't the injured one.

"What happened?" I asked him softly.

"Your bloody brother, Scarface," he stated.

"Harry did this? How? What sort of spell could have done this?"

"I don't know, but it hurts like hell," he groaned, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"I'm sorry, Draco," I whispered, "Not just for this, but for everything."

"It's okay, Evelyn. As long as you're happy, that's all I really care about."

I nodded, my vision beginning to get blurry from tears.

"I asked Snape to get you because I need to tell you something," Draco said, his voice suddenly tense and serious.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm done with the mission. It's going to be completed on Friday night. Please don't do anything stupid and get yourself involved. Evelyn, I'd die if anything bad happened to you."

I sat there in silence. It's not like I could do much of anything. I mean, come on, I'm gigantic. I could barely waddle my way to the hospital wing. Besides, both sides think I'm on their side. Neither would dare to hurt me.

"Evelyn, I know what you're thinking. You're on both sides, so you seem safe. But really, love, you could be killed in cross fire. I know you have your locket, but that only protects you from intentional harm, not accidental. Please promise me you won't endanger yourself."

I sighed. My mind was telling me to say no, but my heart was melting under his icy blue stare.

"I promise," I swore confidently.

"Thank you," he whispered before attempting to catch some sleep.

Draco was comforted by my promise, this I was certain of. But he couldn't see my free hand under his bed. My fingers were crossed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pathetically short, so I shall update again right away.
Which means...I want some serious commenting people!
The end is near! :)
XoXo Kate