Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

The Second Prophecy

"The Order of the Phoenix? What the hell is that?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

Dumbledore smiled kindly and conjured chairs for the four of us. We all sat and I glanced sideways at Harry, who was sweating nervously. Maybe he thought I was going to hex him for bringing me here, I didn't know. But he needed to calm down.

"Now, Ms. Zabini. The Order of the Phoenix is a group of witches and wizards who work against the Dark Lord. We try to find and convict Death Eaters, as well as foil the Dark Lord's plots so no one is hurt. We usually don't permit underage wizards to join, but your case is rather different."

"Okay, first off, why am I different? Second, why do you want me? Thirdly, say my family is close to the Dark Lord, how do I know you won't hurt them?"

"Bloody hell, that's a lot of thinking," Ron groaned, "Hermione, you were right about this one."
Hermione got a sort of half-smile of pride on her face, but it disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Well, Ms. Zabini, you are different because the Dark Lord has valued you since birth because of your heritage. He may need to use you to do his bidding. We need you to spy on the Dark Lord for us, become a Death Eater, learn his secrets and then report back to us with them. That is all," Dumbledore stated while smiling warmly again.

"Okay, so all I have to do is risk my life and the lives of everyone I care about. Great. You never mentioned whether or not you'll hurt my family," I reminded him.

"You are rather sharp aren't you? Well, we can not promise that they won't be harmed. Yet, we can assure you that we will not harm your family or friends. We can't provide 24/7 protection on everyone, though. Is there anyone in particular that you believe needs immunity to accusations by the Ministry, Ms. Zabini?" Dumbledore asked, insane interest carved his features.

"No matter what it looks like, Professor," I began, working up the courage, "Draco Malfoy is innocent."

"I'll keep that in mind," he said, his warm smile returning.

"Now, do we have a deal?"

I thought about it for a second, weighing my options.

"Yes. We have a deal," I stated.

"Good, you're all dismissed now. I know tomorrow is a Saturday, so you won't need to sleep in. But what's the use in missing all the back to school dorm parties?" Dumbledore asked with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Ron and Hermione got up to leave, but Harry and I stayed put.

"Professor," Harry started, "Why is Evelyn so special to Voldemort?"

"I was just about to ask her the same thing, Mr. Potter. Surely you know, Ms. Zabini?"

I shook my head. I had no idea. Yet I had a feeling that it was the reason that Draco and I couldn't be together.

"I think I know how to find out, Professor. I'll need to use your fireplace," I said, slowly.

I expected rejection, but Dumbledore simply nodded and waved his hand towards it.
I crossed the room and took a pinch of the Floo Powder in my hand. Then, thinking quickly, I placed the 'Muffliato' charm around the fireplace so that they couldn't hear my destination. After I was finished, I stepped in, and said 'MALFOY MANOR' whilst throwing down the powder. In a matter of seconds, I was looking face to face with a pissed off Lucius.

"You shouldn't be here! Go back to Hogwarts you stupid little girl!" he screamed at me.

"I urgently need to speak with the Dark Lord! It concerns the Order of the Phoenix," I growled at him. He looked at me as if I'd said the Dark Lord's name.

"How dare you speak of that Mudblood loving, blood traiting filth in my house!"

"Lucius, that is quite enough," the shrill voice of Voldemort chimed, "I think it is time that I explain some things to Evelyn." he gestured towards a sitting room door.

I nodded and followed him inside obediently.

"So, my dear, tell me exactly what brings you to me," he ordered. I told him every detail of how Harry, Ron, and Hermione found me in the hall, all the way to agreeing to join the Order.

"Well, you did wisely. Now that you are in the Order you can 'watch over' them for me," I nodded as he paused, "And I think it would be best if you got closer to Harry Potter too. We need to keep our enemies close, yes Evelyn?"

I nodded in agreement again.

"Now, you have been wondering why you are so valuable to me, and why you are not to be the Dark Queen to Draco," he stated those facts as if I told him. Well, I basically had, he was skilled in Legilimency after all. "Well, Evelyn, those two questions hold the same answer. You cannot marry Mr. Malfoy because of who you are and what you mean to me. I have far greater plans for you, and I guarantee that they will make you a legend."

He paused to let this information wash over me. He had an evil, sadistic smile on his face and a mad gleam in his eye.

"This is going to be hard to take in, but do not interrupt me until I am finished. I'm sure you have been told of the prophecy between Harry Potter and myself? Well, what even Dumbledore does not know is that there was a second prophecy. One made in relation to that prophecy. It states that if we cannot kill each other, another may choose who dies. Someone who is kin to both of us. That is where you come in."

"My Lord, I am not kin to either of you," I said quietly.

He acted as if he didn't even hear me and continued.

"You are not the daughter of Steven and Rebecca Zabini, and not the twin of Blaise. You are not even related to them. Your parents are deceased and your brother's name is actually Harry Potter."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
XoXo Kate