Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

A Sense of Urgency

I walked slowly up the steps to the dorm I shared with Sophie and Marissa. I felt like a convicted murderer walking to get the dementor's kiss. This wasn't going to be fun in the slightest. Sophie and Marissa would grill me with countless questions. Should I tell them everything? Should I lie? They wouldn't understand.

I sighed in defeat as I opened the door. They sat on the edge of my bed, legs crossed, eyes expectant. However, they didn't say anything. Not yet. They waited for me to slip out of my robes and slide on the silky black nightgown I had bought last Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to show Draco just how good I looked in it.

I washed off my make up and let my hair down. When my teeth were brushed and my bed time rituals done, I sat down on my bed. Sophie and Marissa turned to face me. They looked horridly excited, Sophie was trembling with anticipation.

I got out my wand and we all clasped our right hands.

"Do you, Sophie Avery and Marissa Dolohov swear never to tell a soul what I am about to tell you unless it is a life or death situation?"

"I swear," they chimed in unison.

We reserved Unbreakable Vows for the most important of secrets. They had looks of slight surprise on their faces. They were expecting juicy details of making out with Draco, not my life story and new missions.

Sighing deeply, I decided there was only one thing I could do. I took a large breath; and I told them every last detail.

---

"So let me get this straight," Marissa said when I finished, "You're working for the Order as a spy, and the Dark Lord as a Death Eater and spy? Harry Potter is your half brother? You're not related to Blaise at all? And you're being forced to marry the Dark Lord so you can kill Potter?"

"Yeah," I groaned, "That's it in a nutshell."

"Right," Sophie contemplated, "So now that we've settled the dramatic details, how was Draco?"

"SOPHIE!" Marissa yelled, "Don't you get it? Evie can't play this back and forth game of loyalties. Sooner or later she'll have to choose between the Dark Lord and Harry Potter. She'll decide the end of the war. And as for Draco, she can't be with him anyway. First off, he's betrothed. Secondly, the Dark Lord would kill him if he found out what they were doing."

"Marissa's right, Soph. I have to choose a side."

"Well," Sophie started carefully, "Who's side are you going to choose?"

"I have no idea. There's only one thing I know for sure."

Marissa looked skeptical. "And what would that be?"

"Nothing is going to stop me from seeing Draco," I stated confidently.

"So he was good!" Sophie exclaimed.

I smirked and began to give her all the juicy details she originally had craved. Marissa listened, somewhat interested, but mostly eyed me warily. She thought I was being irrational, flaky, and reckless. And I was. But damn did it feel right.

---

DRACO'S P.O.V.

I awoke in the middle of the night to a tapping on my window. Yawning, I grabbed my wand and enchanted the glass to temporarily disappear. I recognized my Eagle owl, Troy, and took the letter from his leg. He hooted and flew off happily. Stupid git, waking me up in the middle of the fucking night. I unrolled the letter. My mouth nearly dropped when I read what it said.

Draco,
The Dark Lord requests your presence immediately. She is one of us now.
Lucius


That's all it said, but those two sentences ripped my heart out. Evelyn didn't need this pain, she didn't deserve to suffer. It was all my fault. I should have protected her. From this moment on, I will protect her.

I pulled on my dress pants, shirt, and tie. That'll have to do for this time of night. I ran out of the boys dormitories, down the stairs, and out of the common room. I didn't stop until I reached the dismal office of Professor Snape.

I pounded on the door. He had better be in there. My arm began to burn. Glancing, at my dark mark, I saw that it was pitch black. He wanted me there immediately.

"Bloody hell, Severus open the door!" I yelled. The door opened swiftly, nearly knocking me over.

"Mr. Malfoy! How dare you-" He stopped speaking instantly when he saw the mark on my arm. Without a word, he let me in and handed me a bag of Floo Powder. I nodded a small thanks and left for the Manor.

"It took you long enough, boy," a voice growled at me as I appeared in the fireplace of our grandest sitting room.

"Forgive me, my Lord," I said whilst bowing low.

"Now," he said and cleared his throat, "Ms. Zabini has been branded a Death Eater. I want her to help you on your mission. You're obviously not doing so well."

"My Lord, I've only had but one day," I began but he silenced me with the Silencio charm.

"Yes, but you didn't even begin with it. I suggest that you start first thing after dinner tomorrow. Take Evelyn with you and explain the situation. She can help you greatly because of her closeness to Potter and position in the Order of the Phoenix. Don't look at me like that, boy. She's spying on them for us you bloody idiot. I'm putting you in charge of her training as well, since you passed your own training with such high marks."

I nodded obediently. At least this way I could watch over Evie.

"So you will train Evelyn and she will assist you in your task. Oh and I expect her to be fully prepared when it is complete. We don't need her getting injured, all our lives depend on her, you know."

I nodded again. He took off the silencing charm.

"Now you may go, Draco," he snarled, "Oh and one more thing. I expect my fiancee to be the one to kill Dumbledore."

"Fiancee, my Lord?" I asked, completely confused.

"Evelyn and I are to be married. She must be my kin to kill Harry," he stated simply.

It took all my strength not to scream. How could he do this? She couldn't possibly want to marry such a horrible, pathetic excuse for a human.

On the outside, I nodded, ignoring the inner temper tantrums of my mind. I walked back to the fireplace calmly and prepared to leave.

"And, Draco? No funny business with Evelyn. I would hate to have to kill you for something as pathetic as love."

I didn't answer. I just floo-ed back to Professor Snape's office. When I reached Hogwarts it hit me. Evelyn must know of the second prophecy now. She knows that she's Harry's sister, she knows of her engagement, she knows her destiny. She must be suffering.

I headed to the common room with a new plan in mind. Old Voldie had crossed the line this time. Screw him and his fucking plans for us. We're leaving. NOW.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update.
Comments are appreciated!
XoXo Kate