Status: completed

Rebel Without a Cause Matt Sanders

Ditch them

Lunch time at school. Brian sent me to find Matthew and invite him to eat with us. To my surprise some of the local sluts seemed to have taken an intrest in him. He is the type though.

Melly: now you girls arn't messing with my boy here.

They all turned to glare but saw it was me. They then all smiled.

Girl: he's not ready yet?

Melly: nope not yet dear.

Girl: fine but he doesn't seem to need anywork.

Melly: just back off. Go get laid by someone else.

Girl: who, Zacky?

Melly: yeah, he'll fuck everyone of you. Now go.

They walked off to another boy. I turned to Matt.

Melly: those girls are dirty. You don't want that shit.

Matt: you just sent-

Melly: to Zacky? Don't worry Zacky doesn't do nasty shit.

Matt: they didn't look half bad.

Melly: trust me. You don't want cest pool vagina.

He cringed a bit.

Melly: if you want a fuck. Those are the bitches you want.

I pointed at the rich girls.

Melly: they're rich so they're well fattened up for a healthy fuck.

Matt: why are you telling me this?

Melly: because, no one should fuck the first thing that throws themselves at you. Especially if they're nasty and dirty. And not in the good way like me.

I smirked at my last comment.

Melly: anyways, want to come eat with me and the boys.

Matt: yeah.

We made our way to them.

Matt: so what did you mean by not ready?

Melly: you haven't yet found where you belong here.

Matt: like people wise?

Melly: yup.

Matt: I don't think I fit in anywhere when it comes to this school.

Melly: what a shame.

Matt: where do you stand?

Melly: like I said back in private school I don't bother with such childish things. My priorites are else where.

Matt: people label you know matter what anyways.

Melly: exactly.

Matt: so you don't bother with where you stand yet, you're trying to place me.

Melly: no. I said you don't know where you stand. But like you said you get labeled no matter what. So just go with whatever.

Matt: what? I'm confused.

Melly: don't worry it doesn't matter. Zacky you better have not touched my food.

He just smiled cheekishly. Matt gave the group his hello. Stoping at the sight of the newest member.

Matt: Danny?

Danny: have a seat man. Its been a while.

He planted himself.

Matt: what are you doing here?

Jenn: same fuckin' thing as the rest of us.

Brian laughed at Jenn's tone.

Melly: meet the new kid Matt.

I smiled biting into my apple.

Matt: since when?

Danny: got tiered of the private school scene.

Matt tried to fully process what was going on around him. Little things made his mind click. To bad he couldn't see how easy it is to put everything together. Perhaps if he didn't over analyze shit he would get it. At the begining of the next class I left and went home. As I walked into the empty house I peeled off my clothes and changed into something more breathable and relaxing. I looked around the house. I started on picking up the random articals of clothing left around the entire house. Washed that smelly shit. Boys are stinky and messy. The bathroom was disgusting. Gel splattered all over. Makeup scattered about. A ring in the tub. I'm not even going to mention the toilet. The rooms are never that bad. Cause the clothes are always in the other parts of the house. I walked into the living room, a giant bundle of just out of the dryer ready to be folded clothes. I was surprised to see Matt randomly standing in my living room.

Melly: oh...uhhh...hey?

I stammered out. He waved a little.

Matt: I knocked, but you didn't hear it I guess. Syn said just to let myself in.

I nodded slowly. My hands made there way to the warm pile and started folding. Making seperate piles for everyone in the house.

Melly: they invited you for practice again?

His eyes went over my body.

Matt: no to jam or whatever.

Melly: oh.

I scratched the back of my leg with my foot.

Matt: you know you're a lot weider to talk to when you're not as hostile.

I scrunched my face.

Melly: hostile?

Matt: at the other school you were bitchy, now its like you're watching out for me.

Melly: I'm pretty mellow. I put up a front like you do.

Matt: I do not.

Melly: you're not as cool as you think.

I folded some jeans and moved to some undies.

Matt: I just wanted to play baseketball. I like the sport.

Melly: and Zacky just likes baseball. You can't help it, if people dig you.

I shrugged. His eyes locked onto the black and blue undies in my hands. His cheeks turning a little pink.

Melly: these are Jenn's.

I put them on Brian's pile. I smiled as I held up the black and hot pink undies.

Melly: these bad boys are mine.

He looked away. His cheeks flushing a bit more.

Melly: like you've never seen girls underwear.

Matt: I forget you're not shy like other girls.

Jimmy: thank goodness Melly. Zacky's pile was starting to really smell.

Zacky: not true that was Johnny's smelly shit.

Zacky slapped my ass as a thank you. Squeezing lightly before walking away.

Jimmy: clean clothes! I love clean clothes.

Brian: Melly way to dress down for our guest.

He gave me a look and walked into the kitchen.

Brian: did she even bother offering you anything?

Matt: I'm fine.

Brian: did she?

Matt: no but its cool.

Brian shot me a slight glare. He had this thing about being hostiable. I picked up my clothes and headed for a random room. Sometimes he really pisses me off. I went back downstairs.

Melly: where's Danny?

Jenn: out and about.

I nodded.

Brian: so Matt do you and your band ever play.

Matt: sorta at practice.

Brian: the way I see it, there's practice, performing, and playing just to play.

Jimmy: we play just to play.

Matt: but you practice.

Brian: true. But if this is going to be my life I have to have some fun and some effort.

Matt: what if it doesn't work out?

They all made a yeah right face.

Brian: people who think like that don't get anywhere.

Matt: I will remeber that.

Brian: Jenn, Melly go get some guitars.

We brought down a couple accoustics. I handed them to whoever grabbed. Then I got Johnny and accoustic bass. I sat down and watched.

Brian: what do you listen to at home Matt.

Matt: G'n'R, Pantera, you know the usual.

Zacky: ever listen to anything outside of that?

He shook his head.

Matt: not really.

Jimmy: first mistake.

Brian: you need to open your ears. Be able to understand music. Melly always keeps us on our toes. She taught us, that to fully appriciate what music is, you need to know it all. Or as much as you can.

Johnny: that way we can go from Led.

He played the intro of Dazed and Confused.

Jimmy: to Nirvana.

Zacky: to something from a slightly different spectrum.

They started playing a song familiar to my ears. A song in Spainish. Matt was just absorbing all he could.

Melly: que mis ojos ce despierten con la lus de to mirada yo,

Jenn: a dios le pido.

They stopped.

Brian: see you need to be able to appeal to everyone, even if all you play is rock music.

Matt: you speak spainish.

Jenn: what you didn't think she was just a really dark white person?

Matt: no, but I didn't realize she could speak another language.

Melly: nothing special, just Spainish. Like over ninety five percent of the people speak spainish here.

Matt: still. Its another language.

I shrugged.

Brian: if she wanted to, she could sing for us in Spainish. Well enough talk. Let's play.

I loved when the boys played at home. Not a practice, just playing. No exchange of words. They went off one another. Playing whatever someone started. Ignoring little mistakes. Music in the raw. That's the best way I can describe it. But this time instead of a usual voice, Matt's filled the room. His raspy growls got me. It was a deep rough sound. Something that's been dorment and needed to be awakened. Brian watched him intensly. Interested as to how he felt the music.

Brian: you're good bro.

Matt: I don't know.

Brian: no man, you've got something. And its wasting away.

Matt: but.

Jimmy: I don't hate to say this, your band sucks big d, dude.

Matt's mouth opened and closed.

Johnny: you can get offended, you just can't hide the truth though.

Me and Jenn were giggling at Matt's facial expressions.

Zacky: as far as we're concerned. You are a wasting your voice, on a shitty band.

Matt: those are some good guys.

Brian: fuck how nice they are. If you want to get anywhere Matt, you need to drop those talentless bitches.

Jenn: I would listen to them.

I nodded in agreement.

Matt: they're my friends.

Brian: and that's cool, but friends doesn't always mean they'll be what you need. Especially if all they do is eat at practice.

Matt: who told you that?

Melly: we know shit Matt. I already told you.

Matt: fuck this. I'm so confused. Everything that's going on. With school, music, you guys, Danny, Melly. Now you're shit talking my band. I'm fuckin' leaving. You can all fuckin' suck my ball sack.

He stormed out of the house. It was quiet for a moment. Laughter eruppted in the room.

Jimmy: poor dude.

Brian: don't worry, he'll come back.