Status: completed

Rebel Without a Cause Matt Sanders

Skipping school

We walked side by side as we entered the school. Scanning the sea of kids. I laughed inside as I observed my classmates. I could tell who had gone to the party. Amatuers.

Jenn: these bitches obviously don't party much.

Melly: for real yo. I have a feeling today is a good day to not be here.

Jenn: me too.

I scanned everyone again. I spotted him. He was looking right at us. I smirked and followed Jenn out of the school.

Jenn: these clothes suck. Let's get out of them.

Melly: hell yes.

We made our way to the house we stayed at. Nothing special. We lived with our boys. Yeah, we live with four guys who have their own house. Haner and Baker convinced their parents to get them a place to live. Not a hard task. They got money. We walked in. Empty. Or so we thought. Jimmy was sprawled on the couch. Snoring lightly. Jenn went over and covered him. I made my way to my room. I shared it with Jenn. And all the guys. We pretty much slept where ever. No one actually stayed in one place. We only called them our rooms cause its where we keep our shit. I picked up some pants and a shirt. The other boys actually went to school. Surprising. I grabbed a pair of adios and walked out barefoot.

Jenn: shhh...Jimmy sleeping still.

I nodded silently. I looked at Jimmy's peaceful sleeping body. His slender limbs all over the couch. One of his hands twitched a bit. He had dreams. Interesting ones he would tell us about. Some he wouldn't. And some that bothered him. I watched his movements. His face frowned and he let out a breath. I perked a brow. His eyes opened and stared into mine. It startled me a bit.

Jimmy: I had a dream about you.

Melly: me?

Jimmy: yes.

He was still frowning.

Melly: what happened?

Jimmy: I don't know, but you were far away. And in a glass box.

Melly: maybe you should stop reading up on Hudini, ya.

I picked a book off the floor and waved it infront of him. He smiled.

Jimmy: maybe.

I smoothed out his hair then stood up.

Melly: the other guys go to school?

Jimmy: I dunno.

Jenn: Jimmy you woke up.

Jimmy: all bymyself.

Jenn: I love you Jimmy.

Jimmy: I love me too. What are you chikies doing here? Arn't you supposed to be learning some prayer?

Jenn: silly Jimmy, we don't pay attention in class.

Jimmy: that's my girls.

He smiled sleepily.

Jenn: aww poor Jimmy's tiered. Go night night.

He closed his eyes as she cooed in his ear. How she cared for him. If ever anyone played favorites it was Jenn. Jimmy was defitnatly her favorite. No one was above him. No one. She was the one that found him and brought him here afterall.

Melly: I'm leaving.

Jenn: where you going?

I shrugged I grabbed my board and headed out the door. I let the board hit the floor and roll forward a bit before I got on. I looked back to see if anyone followed me out. Continuing on my way to Hunnington high. The wheels on the board cracking on the pavement as I did simple ollies on and off sidewalks. I kicked my board up into my hand as I entered a regular spot for us.

Melly: yo man, necesito tres.

The old man behind the counter nodded and smiled. People ate and talked. I watched them. Having conversations about lord knows what. My eyes wandered toward the window. Something caught my attention. I quickly forgot about it when my food was given to me.

Melly: I'll bring the money later, ya?

The old man nodded and I left. Hopped on my board and back on track to the high school. I got there just as the bell rang. I sat on Zacky's car. I watched them come out the front doors. Zacky had a girl at his side. More like attached to his side. Johnny had a cig in his mouth and so did Brian.

Melly: well if it isn't Hunnington high's finest.

Brian blew smoke in my face.

Melly: very nice. I brought you bitches food.

Brian: thanks. Where's Jenn?

Melly: home.

He nodded.

Johnny: thanks baby.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

Melly: you're welcome.

Zacky: you are the best Melly.

I nodded. He grabbed my chin with one hand and planted me a wet one. The girl at his side scoffed.

Zacky: what?

He asked her. She gave him a look. He shook his head while letting her go.

Zacky: naw baby don't give me that shit. We arn't dating, you have to understand how things roll, with me. This is my girl. You are, just some fun.

Girl: and you're ok with that?

Melly: sure.

Girl: fuck this then.

Zacky laughed as the girl started to walk away.

Zacky: get back here, you know you still want it.

The girl stopped and looked at us.

Melly: don't fight it. You can't resist even if you wanted to.

I got up and walked up to her.

Girl: oh yeah?

Melly: yeah. Cause see girls like you make him who he is. He don't treat you right, doesn't know your name, and you want him todo things to you, that you only ever hear about.

I smiled.

Melly: you love that. You want that.

We both looked at him. I walked back to my spot.

Zacky: go, I don't need you.

He said mockingly to the girl. I knew what she was thinking. Zacky had this way with girls. If she left, she was a prude, bitchy, dumbass. Who would be questioned by other girls, as to why she didn't seize the opportunity. If she stayed, she was the easy loose bitch, who would be mocked for being another number in his book. She slowly came towards us.

Zacky: thought so.

Girl: well, things just might work out.

Zacky: work out to what?

Girl: something.

I laughed. The guys chuckled. I stood up again and walked up to her. I abruptly stopped my laughing.

Melly: you can never be me.

She stared at me wide eyed.

Melly: you can wish, hope, and dream. But you will never be me.

Zacky: now now Melly. Be nice.

I sat back down.

Johnny: shouldn't you be in school. Catching a big fish.

Melly: then you wouldn't have any food.

Johnny: you're supposed to be doing your job.

Brian: chill Johnny. Its cool.

Johnny: what? You're the first-

Brian: just chill. She's fine.

He looked across the street casually. I frowned. I was followed and didn't know it? Johnny's eyes quickly scanned the area. I decided against looking. I watched Zacky sweet talk the poor girl. I almost felt bad for some of them. Almost.

Brian: you caught his interest faster than I expected.

Melly: I didn't think we even made a dent.

Brian: I want you to bring him in.

Melly: why?

Brian: Jenn can't handle him.

Melly: you just want her for yourself.

Brian: true, but you know she can't handle him.

Melly: how do you want me to, do it?

Brian: anyway you can. You've got his attention. He's going to be different from the rest of us. You're going to have to break him in.

Melly: oh I can break him in.

I smiled as did he.

Johnny: we should invite him to our little gathering here.

Brian: naw, just let him watch.

Johnny: ya think he knows, we know he's here?

Brian: I don't know.

I saw him. In a car parked across the street. I wrapped my legs around Johnny pulling him to me.

Johnny: ooo yeah. I like this.

Brian: gross.

Melly: then don't watch.

Brian: I won't.

He smiled at Johnny and nodded in approval. Johnny turned and faced me.

Johnny: when do we get to talk again?

Melly: when ever you want.

He leaned in and kissed me.

Zacky: hey.

Johnny backed away smiling. He looked at Zacky.

Johnny: what's up man?

Zacky: what was that?

He looked at Johnny coldly.

Johnny: what was what?

His eyes narrowed and his attention went back to the girl.

Johnny: damn, Zacky you must be seeing shit.

Zacky: you better hope so.

I got up.

Melly: ya me voy.

Zacky: you just got here.

I walked up to him. He let go of the girl and rested his hands on my lower back. I could feel her eyes on me.

Melly: don't worry sweet eyes...

My hand went down his pants. He bit his lip.

Melly: you know where I'll be.

I kissed him and waved at everyone else. I got on my board and rolled on out. What an awsome day. Sunny and warm. I loved perfect days like this. I took a deep breath. Yum. Exhaust from a car. I coughed. Damn cars. I went to my other school. Well past it anyway. I wanted to skate around before going straight home. Plus I needed todo some shit. Business you see. I came to a group of kids my age.

Melly: yo guys.

One of them looked over and smiled.

Guy: mmm, Melly. Nice to see you.