Status: completed

Rebel Without a Cause Matt Sanders

SMACK!

My eyes stared blankly into space. Thoughts and images floating around in my mind. Detention on a Friday afternoon sucked. It had been two hours already. If only a random fire broke out, that way we could go home. I glanced at Kate, she was staring dreamily at Matt. I rolled my eyes. What a bitch. I then turned my attention to fuckface. I had never really taken a good look of this douch. Nothing special. He was tall. Lean as far as I could tell. Looked like he might lift weights. Uniforms don't really do justice for people. They make everyone boring. His nose was kinda big. I shrugged and looked through my backpack. That lasted about a minute.

Teacher: none of you move, I will be back.

I watched the teacher leave. Kate sighed loudly.

Kate: This so boring.

Matt: its detention.

Kate: what are you doing tonight Matt?

Matt: not sure. You?

She shrugged and smiled at him. As if hinting at something. He looked over at me.

Matt: what is rebel Melly up to?

Melly: I'm in detention and you?

Matt: no I mean tonight.

Melly: why? Does the irristable Matthew want to chill?

Matt: I'm just making conversation.

Kate: why do you always have to be so bitchy?

Melly: I did not realize I was talking to you.

Matt looked down and smiled a bit.

Kate: you know, I don't who you think you are at you're old school, but here you're nothing.

Melly: I don't bother with such bullshit. Its a waste of time. High school status quo doesn't exist outside of these walls. So take your popularity and suck its dick.

Kate: you just say that cause you want to be the girl who so cool. The one that pretends to not give a shit about anything.

Melly: its not that I don't give a shit my dear, its just I don't give a shit about the same things you do. There's a big difference.

I smiled cheesily.

Matt: so what do you care about then, if you don't care about what people think and that bullshit?

Melly: you.

He frowned. I smiled at his puzzled face.

Kate: you like him? I knew it!

I laughed.

Melly: oh my silly little Kate. Such a stupid bitch you are.

I stood up, grabbed my shit, and headed for the door. I had just remembered I had a ticket out. The teacher opened it.

Teacher: where do you think you're going?

I pulled a note from my pocket.

Melly: I forgot to give you this.

He took the note and scanned it.

Teacher: doctors huh? I don't think so.

Melly: call them if you don't believe me. I have no reason to lie.

I sat at the closest desk as he made the call. I looked over at them. Matt still looked confused.

Teacher: you can go.

Melly: I wasn't trying to pull your leg teach. I just forgot to give it to you.

Teacher: no my apologies. Go before you start running late.

Melly: thanks.

I looked back at the two and winked. Fresh air met my face. Felt good to be out of there. I owe Jimmy. Started for my house.

Melly: FAMILY!!

Jimmy: LIVING ROoOoOoOoM!!!

I laughed droping my shit to the floor.

Brian: fuck Jimmy.

I sat next to Jimmy. Jenn gave me a little glare but then went back to watching the t.v. Brian gave me a look.

Melly: I owe you one Jimmy. The note worked.

Jimmy: naw, you know you girls only ever get the best shit.

I smiled and hugged him.

Melly: where's Zacky?

Brian: a room.

A smirk on his face.

Jenn: Johnny's not here.

Melly: I didn't ask for Johnny.

Jenn: well just tellin' you.

I made my way to find Zacky. And ofcourse I found him. And I was not happy. It wasn't the fact he was with a girl. Basking in the after glow of sex. Its the fact he was in our house, in our bed where we shared inamite thoughts and dreams. The only thing I ask from him is to never bring any girl home, that wasn't me or Jenn. As sick as our relationship is, I still have some boundries.

Melly: Zack Baker.

I looked away. Biting my lip with extream force. I knew my cheeks were flushed. He cupped my face. I tore away from him.

Zacky: Melly

I looked at him briefly. He knew better than to think I was going to stay in detention. Just cause I don't care about many things, doesn't mean I can't be hurt. He knew that. I looked at the girl in the bed. She looked lost. I walked out. He didn't come after me. Its better he didn't. I snatched my board and slammed the door behind me. I made my way to no where in paticular. Zacky has done this before. I just don't understand why. Its not like I don't give him the freedom to fuck anyone. He can do anyone he wants, just not at home. As I was about to cross the street a car slammed its brakes and love tapped me. I fell and my board went somewhere. Just another amazing thing to add today.

Melly: FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!!!

I laid on the pavement and stared at the sky. I held my pained side. Someone came to my side.

Melly: FUCK!!

I struggled to stand up. As I used to car for help up I looked at who hit me.

Melly: seems like we were just meant to spend the afternoon together.

Matt: are you ok?

I nodded and leaned against his car.

Matt: you came out of no where, I didn't even see you.

Melly: its a crosswalk ass. Maybe you should be more careful.

Matt: are you sure you're alright? I wasn't going fast but I still hit you kind of hard.

Melly: don't worry, I don't bruise easily.

He eyed me up and down. Not believing my words.

Matt: can I give you a ride home?

Melly: no, I got my board.

He looked around.

Matt: this your board?

He held my split board. I sighed and nodded.

Melly: that fuckin' makes the icing on my damn fuckin' cake.

I went to reach for it and failed when my side ached. I clutched it and winced.

Matt: let me atleast take you to have my mom check you or something.

Melly: don't worry dude, I can walk home.

Wrong. Matt held me as he walked me to the passenger seat. The car ride was silent. He would look over at me. Like I was going to die or something. He practically carried me into his house. He lived close to Danny. A house or two away.

Matt: I forgot my parents left today.

He sat me on the couch.

Matt: let me get you water or something.

Melly: how 'bout a fuckin' beer.

I said under my breath. What a rich basturd. He handed me my water and sat next to me.

Matt: let's take a look. If you're cool with it?

Melly: I changed infront of you.

Matt: I forgot you're not shy.

He lifted the bottom of my shirt a bit. He made a face.

Matt: I'm gonna call Danny.

He quickly made the call and about ten minutes later Danny was over.

Danny: what's going on? Melly?

Melly: hey baby.

I winced as I tried to stand up.

Matt: can you check her out?

I started to unbutton my shirt. Both of them stared.

Danny: what the fuck happened?

My side was dark. Danny came over and his fingers lightly grazed my skin. I watched him as he ran his hands over my upper body.

Melly: do you know what you're doing?

Danny: does it feel like I don't?

Melly: feels like you do baby.

He smiled and shook his head.

Matt: he helps me train. So he knows a thing or two.

Danny: doesn't feel like you have any broken ribs.

Melly: can you double check?

Danny: sure.

Melly: I have a little pain here.

I guided his hand up my thigh. He lifted my skirt.

Danny: you defitnatly got some bruising here. Ice. Should take care of it.

I nodded. I glanced at Matt. He had an unamused look on his face.

Danny: so what happened?

Matt: I uhh...

Danny looked at Matt, waiting for answer.

Danny: well?

Matt: see what happened was-

Melly: I was on my skateboard and I totally muffed up. I tried to ollie up on to a curb but I didn't get enough air. So the lip caught on the curb.

Danny: you skate?

I nodded.

Danny: that's fuckin' sweet.

I smiled. He looked at Matt.

Danny: and here I thought you hit her with your car.

I laughed.

Melly: if only. I need to get home.

I stood up. I took a deep breath.

Melly: ice, right Danny?

Matt: I can give you a ride.

Melly: No! No you've done enough thanks.

Danny: I could take you.

Melly: no. I can walk. Its not like I've never fallen.

Danny: well I'm gonna go. Since I'm not needed and you got that one chick coming over.

Melly: so fuckface gots a hot date. Hmmm... Come on Danny.

We walked out. I didn't say bye I just walked out. My side throbbed. Not as much as before but it sucked.Danny stood infront of me.

Danny: I can give you a ride. I know Matt isn't your favorite person. That's why you said no to him.

Melly: no. I will walk.

Danny: let me walk you home then.

I shook my head.

Danny: I can't let you walk home by yourself.

Melly: why.

Danny: I would feel guilty.

Melly: your so sweet. But I'll be fine.

Danny: not with your side all banged up like that.

I thought for a moment. I didn't feel like being home. But I didn't feel like sleeping on the street tonight either.

Melly: can we hang out for awhile?

He smiled and nodded. We walked to his house.

Danny: here I got you some ice.

Melly: thanks.

I put the homemade ice pack on my side.

I winced at the cold directly touching bear skin. Danny sat next to me. He lightly pushed up my shirt. Once again his fingers softly grazed my skin.

Danny: this must of been one hell of a fall to be this intense.

Melly: well you know, it happens.

Danny: first scratches on your pretty face, now ugly bruises on your lovely skin.

Melly: is this your way of hitting on me?

He smiled.

Danny: my lame attempt yes.

I laid back on his bed. I closed my eyes. His lips pressed against my battered side. I smiled.

Danny: kisses always make boo boos go away.

I sat up.

Melly: kisses get kids like us in predicaments.

My lips met his. He didn't hold back. He should have no reason to. I didn't go home that night. As I had planned.