Status: Active, I swear!

Little Red Cinderella and the Three Beanstalks

Little Bo Peep has lost her Giants

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Ok, before we get started, I would like to personally thank Town House AUTHOR'S NOTE: Ok, before we get started, I would like to personally thank Town House Terror for taking the time to comment on my story. So far, she is the only one to do so, and I am in a debt of gratitude to her for that. Well, smilyloopian also commented, but I know her in real life and I had to threaten her with bodily injury to get her to do so, so she doesn't count.
But anyway, thank you again, Town House Terror. I dedicate this chapter to you. Everyone else sucks.


Previously...

"Ahem! What part of GIANTS do you not not get! We have to move!" Ezu growled. he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the enchanted door. But before we reached it, A booming voice stopped us in our tracks.

"WHERE ARE YOU, LITTLE ARGANNON?" A deep rumbling, barely recognizable as speech, shook through the woods outside, shaking the very foundations of the house.

"Crap... Come on!" Ezu said more frantically now, pulling me through the wreckage of his house.

Instead of following Ezu to safety, I didn't move. I just stood there, staring out the window. He turned angrily to me.

"What the hell do you think you're dong now?!" He shouted at me. He would have said more, but just then he caught the look of horror on my face. His expression turned to one of concern, and he followed my gaze to see what had me so freaked out. When his eyes alighted on the far window next to the front door, the blood drained from his face, leaving it a pasty white color.

"Too late..." I muttered, staring transfixed into the vast, glaring eye that peered through the window at us.
*********************************************************************************

Ezu swallowed audibly. He stepped forward, pushing me behind him at the same time. I resisted the urge to make a sarcastic comment. What a time to gain a sense of chivalry.

"Urgle! Why, what a surprise! I didn't know you were coming! If I had, I would have tidied up a bit," Ezu said brightly, gesturing around the decimated room.

I couldn't help it this time, I audibly scoffed at his words. It would take a bit more than a "tidying up" to fix this wreck. But I ignored Ezu's poor word choice and instead turned my attention to the slight, barely noticeable quaver in Ezu's otherwise nonchalant comment. I couldn't see his face, but from the sound of his voice it sounded like he said it with a smile. But underneath the cheery tone, I could hear the strain, the barely suppressed panic.

"HA! If I had told you I were coming, Little Argannon, you would have ran like a frightened rabbit!" The voice that surely belonged to the eye said. "Come out here and face me, before I come and get you myself!" The eye disappeared, only to be replaced with a huge grasping hand, trying to squeeze a fat finger into the little window.

Ezu jumped backwards, bumping into my and nearly sending me tumbling to the floor.

"No! Wait, I'll be right out, just be careful! This is the only house i have!" He complained. He turned to me, clasping my hands in his, his face still ashy. "Stay here. Do not move from this spot no matter what you hear. I don't think they know you're here to, you can still get away." He dropped my hands and turned abruptly, dashing to the door.

I just stared after him for a moment like he had lost his mind before sprinting after him.

"Are you crazy? I'm not staying here! What good would it do me anyway? I'm as good as dead on my own!" I hissed. It was probably true, too. I haven't been here for 24 hours yet, and so far I have already managed to get lost in the woods, accidentally steal Little Red Riding Hood's cape, get attacked by a pack of wolves, become acquainted with an axe-wielding teenager with Giants after his head, and then have the luck to run into said Giants. Next time I stepped outside I'd probably get hit by a meteor.

Ezu glared at me, clearly trying to decide if I was worth the trouble, or if he would be better off letting me get eaten by Giants.

Another roaring call of "Argannon!" seemed to settle that debate for him, and he simply shrugged and turned his back on me, and marched out the door; me following closely on his heels.

Once outside, I peered carefully around Ezu, and with a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, I saw my very first Giant. I gasped and backtracked several feet, craning my head up at an uncomfortable angle, trying to catch a glimpse of the Giant's face, which was nearly too high to see. He must have been a hundred feet tall, seeing as how my shoulder barely made it past his ankle.

As I stood speechless, a part of my brain registered he was wearing a huge pair of patched brown pants, and a shapeless tunic of the same color. From what I could see of his heavily shadowed face, he was severely pock-marked, with a thick, matted beard and a mop of brown knotted hair. He had beady, peering black eyes, overshadowed by a heavy brow. As if his sheer size wasn't enough, he had a gargantuan hammer shoved in a thick belt that hung from his waist.

"Oh, and you brought Gurtok, too!" Ezu said, his falsely chipper tone dropping noticeably.

"Oh geeze," I muttered under my breath, "There's two of them?" I traced the path that Ezu's eyes made, and noticed that there was a second giant, some 40 feet away, waiting on the edge of the forest. He looked similar to his friend, only was slightly smaller and blondish.

"Well guys, I've really got to get going, I have to escort this lovely young lady to town , so I'll just be going..." Ezu said a bit too quickly, and he grabbed my hand and began dragging me away from the Giants.

Suddenly a huge hand came flying down at us, and one finger that was thicker than my whole body knocked Ezu to the ground with one lazy flick. I would have found this scene slightly amusing despite the dire situation, if Ezu hadn't been squeezing my hand in a strangle hold when he fell, bringing me down with him.

"I don't think so, little one. I'm not that stupid!" The Giant, Urgle, growled. Ezu rolled his eyes slightly, just enough for me to see. He stood up unhappily, dragging me up to.

"What do you want, Urgle?" Ezu said dejectedly. I wiggled my fingers uncomfortably. Having Ezu hold your hand was like sticking your hand in a vise.

"You know what I want, Argannon. My pay." Urgle grunted

"How about I take my lady friend to town real quick, and then I dash back here? You won’t even know I'm gone!" Ezu tried hopefully, a strained smile on his face again. Urgle narrowed his eyes, and the other giant, who I assumed was Gurtok, stalked forward menacingly.

"Or not!" Ezu said quickly, raising our hands in the air.

"I want my pay NOW!" Urgle roared, sending birds in the trees flying for cover. Ezu winced, and I just stood there trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"OK, look." Ezu said, shoulders slumping. "To tell you the truth, I don't actually have it with me, per say..." Urgle growled again, his hand straying to the huge hammer. "BUT!" Ezu shouted hastily, "But, I will have it, soon. Very soon. So there is no need to do anything hasty," He implored.

"No! Give me pay now!" Urgle bellowed. His vocabulary seemed to be slipping. "Or..." he muttered, his brow furrowed. He seemed to be thinking very hard. It looked painful. "Or, you give me something else instead..." He said, his piggy eyes shifting from Ezu, to me. He smiled cruelly, and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

"What--what do you want?" Ezu said, his voice hoarse.

"I think I can guess..." I whispered.

"Give me girl! She taste good baked into bread!" Urgle shouted, chuckling. He sat down on his haunches, making the ground shake and leaves fall from the trees. He reached out for me, But Ezu whirled me out of the way, just out of reach of the grasping hands.

"Shit... Run!" he shouted, giving me a push in the small of my back. I stumbled forward, but didn't follow his probably extremely prudent advice..

'Wait, Ezu, what about you?" I said frantically. Sure I didn't know the guy that well, but I certainly didn't want him to get baked into bread.

"I'll be fine! Take Jinx with you, he knows the way!" Ezu shouted, leaping out of the way of Urgle's huge fist as it came crashing down. "Now GO!" He screamed at me. I hesitated for a moment as Jinx zoomed around my head, making urgent little hissing noises.

I bit my lip, watching the deadly dance before me; Ezu jumping and rolling, Urgle trying to grab him and crush him. Then I turned, and followed Jinx into the dark forest, guilt weighing heavily on my conscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, yet another short chapter. Oh well. Didn't I tell you things would start getting more exciting?

I'm actually supposed to be cleaning right now... But I'm not. You see, I love you people. I deliberately disobeyed a direct order from my mother, the woman who spent 12 hours forcibly expelling me from her womb, just so I can update this story. All for you. And I don't even get a comment or two in return. I'm hurt. I really am.

Any who, time for some advertising. You should totally read "Next", a story by smilyloopian. And bug her to continue it. Because she hasn't been. Thank you for your patronage.