Status: IN EDITING (It's not that good, just a bunch of mess lol)

Straying out of Sanity

Chapter Thirteen

Joker left me in my room, alone, once we got back. I had no idea where Jay and Laurel were and Mitch never came up to the room with us. He left me on the bed that Laurel and I shared and left without a word. He left me in that room by myself.

I couldn't really move. My arms still felt like Jell-O and I could only move one of my legs because I didn't want to risk more pain to my right thigh. That being so I was stuck on the bed.

He left his purple trench coat with me but it didn't help much anymore. Hell the Lights weren't even on in the room and the only light was the lights from outside around the house that streamed in through the window.

And that wasn't even the worst part.

After what had happened at the night club no amount of pain or Morphine could stop my mind from wandering, replaying everything.

Even from seven years ago.

I must've been in that room for what seemed like hours alone with my mind replaying everything, quite vividly. I couldn't stop my self inflicted torture as much as I tried and eventually I just stared at the darkened ceiling and let it come.

"Emma...?" I heard a voice, saving me from myself, and I blinked as I turned my head towards the door, not sure if the voice was real or not.

"Since when can you walk?" I asked, seeing Laurel standing in the doorway with Jay and another guy. And yes, Jay was standing.

"Since this morning, don't tell Mitch," he half heartedly smiled. I tried to sit up for them but my arms were still too wobbly and I only really succeeded in bending my left knee up a bit and then letting it fall to the bed in defeat.

"What happened to you?" Jay asked, awkwardly hobbling into the room as Laurel turned on the lights. I squinted from the sudden brightness as Jay's next two questions were asked. "Are you crying? Why are you half naked with The Joker's coat over you?"

I strained my neck to look down at my legs and realized that when I moved my left leg in my feeble attempt to sit up I had uncovered my foot and ankle as well as my thigh up to where the hem of the bloody white shirt ended on my stomach. You could also plainly see the left side of my nude and black boy shorts.

"Am I crying?" I asked, my voice sounding slightly rough.

"Yeah, I think you are. Emma what happened?" Laurel asked me.

"I didn't know I was crying, help me sit up," I told the pair. Laurel crawled onto the bed to help prop me up as Jay sat on the bed next to the one I was on.

"You're all bloody and sweaty!" Laurel complained.

"Well duh, I just went through hell," I told her as she kept me as steady as she could, sitting behind me on her knees and laying me against her. Joker's coat had fallen even more off of me, exposing more of the bloody mess on the shirt I was wearing.

"What happened?!" Jay whined, since that question had been ignored.

"Uhm..." I said, deciding to keep my explanation to a minimum. "I'm not sure why we went where we did but there were mobsters and it got... bloody and I got shot in the leg then Joker came and saved-" I paused. Did he really save me? He definitely helped me out but did he save me? Surely I wouldn't have died if The Joker didn't do what he did to my leg. "...Helped me," I continued. But he didn't really help me besides getting me to the van... right? "He gave me morphine and then fixed my leg and then brought me here."

"You were shot?! Let me see!" Jay said and moved to the bed I was on and ripped Joker's coat the rest of the way off of me, completely exposing my bare legs.

"Jay!" I scolded, looking over to the guy standing in the doorway but he wasn't paying attention, he was staring at his feet while playing with his hands and muttering to himself.

"Holy shit Emma!" Jay shouted, upon the sight of my wound.

I looked down too and grimaced. It looked pretty bad. It was swollen a bit and there were at least four or five stitches and still a bit of blood, both clotted and new. But it didn't hurt, thank God for morphine. But it did look quite painful.

"How are you not… like… dead?" he asked me, looking up to my face.

"'Cause it's my leg and not my head. Plus he gave me morphine and I'm all jell-o," I smiled.

"He gave you morphine? You're fuckin' high on morphine?" Jay laughed at me.

"Shut up, you're just jealous!" I teased and sloppily stuck my tongue out at him.

Jay returned the gesture and then looked up at the man still standing in the doorway.

"Tom quit standing there and come in," Jay told him, throwing Joker's trench coat back over my scantily clad lower half. The man looked over at Jay quickly, like he had just appeared out of thin air and then glanced to my sister and then down at me.

I raised my eyebrow at his strangeness as my sister said, "Yeah, come in Tom. This is my sister Emma; remember I was telling you about her?" The man, now named Tom, half smiled, or just had a bizarre mouth spasm, and sat on the other bed with Jay. "Emma, that's Tom," Laurel told me and I struggled to see her behind me as she talked. "He's a bit schizophrenic but he's awesome," she continued and I looked back over at him.

"...Hi..." I said, a bit awkwardly, to him.

He did his twitchy smile thing again and stuttered out, "H-h-hi." It was funny and I tried so hard to keep from laughing at him by clenching my jaw and holding my breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this one.

Its short.

And its super filler.

But it's necessary 'cause I needed to get Tom in here. Everyone loves their schizophrenic sweetheart criminals =D even Batman. Plus I want Jay in here more too because I love him, he's crazy =]

Sorry about the lack of Joker in this but he is in the next one! But only for like... five seconds =/